View Poll Results: [QUOTE]Would you like Bigboab to stop putting the [quote] tag everywhere?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • [quote]

32 57.14%
  • [quote]

24 42.86%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Quoting Your Quotes?

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    It does seem like a bit of an over reaction to me.

I've read this twice now and cant see anything mailicious, well not directed at him anyway!!

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Poster
    Oh so we judge what upsets other people now.

The only person who can say how offended he is .... is him.

So back off bully boys. You've done enough damage.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by bigboab+8 October 2003 - 17:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab &#064; 8 October 2003 - 17:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-DarthInsinuate@8 October 2003 - 22:41
    its starting to get on my nerves now, starting your posts with

this is a petition against bigboab starting with if you&#39;ve never noticed scan throught this: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Se...sult_type=posts
    I dont know what you are talking about. [/b][/quote]
    Well, all I can say is that bigboab&#39;s first post in this thread shows that he did see the humour.
    He even laughed at it himself. Notice the: " " ?

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Poster
    Wasn&#39;t boab laughing at himself, before the actual poll was started.

How many people would enjoy seeing a poll which would reflect, to a certain extent, what their peers thought about them. It doesn&#39;t happen very often does it.

Isn&#39;t that the point, the chap was willing to laugh at himself. However he didn&#39;t want a vote taken about it.

How many of us would.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    yeah, bigboab confirmed via PM that he was offended by the poll - hopefully he&#39;ll understand that there was never any ill intention
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I guess you&#39;re right, JPaul. It could have been his response before the poll was ever started. Maybe we could PM him and ask him if we would remove the poll if would that help?

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@10 October 2003 - 00:12
    I guess you&#39;re right, JPaul. It could have been his response before the poll was ever started. Maybe we could PM him and ask him if we would remove the poll if would that help?
    I agree mate.

Maybe some of the people who had a pop at boab could PM the big chap and explain.

I certainly don&#39;t think that the mod who started the poll PMing him would hurt. Especially as it was the poll which caused the offense.

Perhaps people should think about how things will affect others, before they do these things.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Ex-member
    Listen, that poll was entirely made in jest; I don&#39;t think we&#39;ve ever had a serious poll in the Lounge&#33;&#33;&#33;

I wuold hope that Bigboab sees it that way - it honestly never crossed my mind that he&#39;d get offended over it.

Why would we villify someone for making a simple mistake? People get away with a lot worse.

As you suggest, I will PM Bigboab explaining this, in case he&#39;s not reading this.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    lynx's Avatar .
    If he&#39;s not reading this, he&#39;s unlikely to be looking at PM&#39;s either. Perhaps an email would be better.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345