View Poll Results: Should we remove this members DISABLED PRIVS?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, reinstate privileges

57 53.27%
  • No, I don't trust him/her

37 34.58%
  • Blank vote

13 12.15%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Please?

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    You're a nice person and a friend, so I voted yes to you getting your privs back.

Although if staff are nice enough to give you your privs back then I certainly wouldn't start these activites here again as I'm sure you won't get another chance. Besides, there's gotta be something better to do with your spare time than hunting traders.

Good to see you back around.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I voted No.

You were one of the few people i actually liked around this shitpool that the BT world is, I wished you genuinely and heartfelt that you would succeed in that tough situation you had in real life some months ago, as you might remember.
    Somehow, I believed i could expect more from you in other situations, and you just sat quietly watching things go. I was kinda wrong but I expected more from a friend, and for a long time i blamed it on the fact you often spent a lot of time away from the communities due to your job.

About the trader's hunting here at FST: as you might recall, we had a conversation about this one at castfromsociety.com (notice as I didn't censor the link, as we both have the same mutual respect), and I was taught by you how the process works to link catch a trader. And you might recall that when I caught the first and only one, sometime later I went there and removed all data, and I explained I couldn't do such a thing to FST, a place I like and respect for what it does. It's still written there, as a witness to all this.
    We then proceeded to talk via PM, where you told me you kinda felt bad for doing this at FST, as they were some cool guys. I then explained you how morally wrong it is do such things,though funny and easy. This happens in the exact same time Serb approaches me to join his "crew", whom I promptly told I wasn't interested.

But yet, you proceeded.

You hang with some of the worst scum in the BT playground, as one day when you stop to look at it through a 3rd perspective you'll realize. you are their friend, and you stood by their side no matter the issue, forgetting some of the primordial principles of the definition of a community.
    You betrayed this forum, its members, its staff, and your friends here. You did it because you want to please someone, who are a cancer. And FST was just some means to you.

Why did I vote no? Because you never forgave a trader (someone who brakes rules). Why should it be any different with you? Be coherent for once.

It's just a minor setback for all the damage you caused to some people for your own self promotion at some circles.
    I used to like you, but since you stopped talking to me when the "not cfs material" ban happened, I have every reason to believe you are not the guy I expected you to be. Neither does this forum.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    I don't trust someone that votes for them self. No from me.
    I didn't create the poll...Why wouldn't you vote for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Well, honestly I have no idea what your motives were for hunting traders. Most people here hate people who hunt traders only so they can get into those hard to get into trackers. I have to agree with them...
    It is not something I do/did all the time. When I had free time (it has been 2 months since I have captured anyone's IP). When I was particularly irritated with traders (bold, brazen, and stupid ones). I was already in the trackers people "dream" about and therefore had nothing to personally gain. Which was in part why I chose to do so...It irritates me to no end people who cheat their way in to sites I belong to. I earned trust, made friends, and was pleasently surprised via email or PM...Why can't they? I have made many friends in this forum and others and have always tried to give a helping hand when able and possible.

Here comes a brutally honest answer as well...I take some personal satisfaction beating them in their "cat and mouse" game of trading. They have no issue causing probs (yes, I am generalizing) at trackers and I therefore have no issue in causing probs for them...

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    No .
    I don't like being lied to and even less when it's from a person who is supposedly a friend.I also believe it is a greater "sin" to be duplicitous while feigning a moral high ground.
    Also I agree with Martin most people do that kind of thing because they believe it will advance them in the bt hierarchy and by both your history and associations of preference I believe that was the case with you.The sites and people you have gravitated to are not entirely lost on me.

Btw @ Martin uploading isn't necessarily an altruistic thing either .

Is there a possibility that I am misjudging you? Of course, but since you yourself didn't see any gray areas or allow those that you reported any leeway or even as you have been given here a simple chance to plead their case, I think it is highly hypocritical to expect any in return...
    I actually thought I would not see a post from you. I am about to ramble aimlessly, btw. This one I didn't expect. Personally, I have always liked you and guess I will have to resort to just just respecting you. I have always done the exact opposite of lie to you. I have stood up for you when NOBODY else would...I am at a loss as to how I have lied to you? I WAS A MEMBER OF LEVEL 9 AND 8 SITES LONG BEFORE I ever caught, chased, or reported the first trader. If you can find where I did so more than 64 weeks ago than I shall be shocked, amazed, and will then have to call you a liar/fabricator. As a matter of fact my first IP was captured on Decemeber 5, 2008. The user here was akwrz. I log everything...The point being is that you can think or assume I tried to make friends for personal gain, but I already had friends.

The ones I reported were straight busted...There was no guesswork in the process which I used. There was nothing to plead. My true hopes was that they learned a lesson, for the noob trader, and total grief or irritation by the hardcore. Some of these people are ones I would actually mentor afterwards or at least try to. I can provide additional info on this. I have always been here to help or hinder...I prefer to help.

Whatever ill will you have for me, I apologize. There are things I can't say here and hope that you PM me elsewhere. I will not PM you and impose myself on you but hope to hear from you...
    Last edited by bumrocks; 11-01-2009 at 06:00 PM.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Only if you promise to continue hunting traders.

I don't trust someone that votes for them self. No from me.
    The first rule of politics is to always vote for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    I voted No.

You were one of the few people i actually liked around this shitpool that the BT world is, I wished you genuinely and heartfelt that you would succeed in that tough situation you had in real life some months ago, as you might remember.

Somehow, I believed i could expect more from you in other situations, and you just sat quietly watching things go. I was kinda wrong but I expected more from a friend, and for a long time i blamed it on the fact you often spent a lot of time away from the communities due to your job.

About the trader's hunting here at FST: as you might recall, we had a conversation about this one at xxxxxxxx.com (notice as I didn't censor the link, as we both have the same mutual respect), and I was taught by you how the process works to link catch a trader. And you might recall that when I caught the first and only one, sometime later I went there and removed all data, and I explained I couldn't do such a thing to FST, a place I like and respect for what it does. It's still written there, as a witness to all this.

We then proceeded to talk via PM, where you told me you kinda felt bad for doing this at FST, as they were some cool guys. I then explained you how morally wrong it is do such things,though funny and easy. This happens in the exact same time Serb approaches me to join his "crew", whom I promptly told I wasn't interested.

But yet, you proceeded.

Why did I vote no? Because you never forgave a trader (someone who brakes rules). Why should it be any different with you? Be coherent for once.

It's just a minor setback for all the damage you caused to some people for your own self promotion at some circles.
    I used to like you, but since you stopped talking to me when the "not cfs material" ban happened, I have every reason to believe you are not the guy I expected you to be. Neither does this forum.
    I've done alot of writing already, so I am going to try and keep this short. You too were one of those that I liked and respected. In no particular order though...

I was going through alot in my personal life when all the crap went down with you (along with albo) and on top of that I had a super crap connection on my back porch where I was leeching off a neighbors wifi. I spent little time in forums at that time. Anyhoo...Like albo's circumstance, I had no idea what happened or happened to you until it was long over with. So, I did not have the opportunity to question you during the happs...What I do know now, is what you did in regards to 2 different sites and not adhering to their security. If there was a pole in those sites as to whether you should be let back in I, like you, would have to vote "no". Truly I was at a loss as to why you did what you did. Much the same as your opinion of me atm, I expected better.

On the "never forgave a trader" part...Totally bad statement. There is a shiteload of posts and PMs to the contrary. As a recruiter I forgave ALOT of people who once traded. As mentioned in another post I would rather forgive and help a trader than continue the "hate war".

You did it because you want to please someone, who are a cancer. And FST was just some means to you.
    I explained a couple post ago on this...Honesty alert! Popping traders brought me pleasure. They are the cancer! You are a little mixed up...Or we have to agree to disagree...

And another thing...I am straight up enough to say I was wrong. Explain in detail what I did wrong and apologize. You compromise the security of two different sites and to this day still don't care to do so by posting links and what have you. What I did here I admit to and know I deseve everything that is due to me. You will never hear me cry or whine about FST dickin me around cause I got what I deserved.

On a couple of occasions I have dropped hints that I would like my privs back but until now I have never made a straight and formal request. I waited almost exactly 6 months to do that. I have never pretended to be innocent, perfect, or the like.
    Last edited by bumrocks; 11-01-2009 at 06:45 PM.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by bumrocks View Post
    I actually thought I would not see a post from you. I am about to ramble aimlessly, btw. This one I didn't expect. Personally, I have always liked you and guess I will have to resort to just just respecting you. I have always done the exact opposite of lie to you. I have stood up for you when NOBODY else would...I am at a loss as to how I have lied to you? I WAS A MEMBER OF LEVEL 9 AND 8 SITES LONG BEFORE I ever caught, chased, or reported the first trader. If you can find where I did so more than 64 weeks ago than I shall be shocked, amazed, and will then have to call you a liar/fabricator. As a matter of fact my first IP was captured on Decemeber 5, 2008. The user here was akwrz. I log everything...The point being is that you can think or assume I tried to make friends for personal gain, but I already had friends.

The ones I reported were straight busted...There was no guesswork in the process which I used. There was nothing to plead. My true hopes was that they learned a lesson, for the noob trader, and total grief or irritation by the hardcore. Some of these people are ones I would actually mentor afterwards or at least try to. I can provide additional info on this. I have always been here to help or hinder...I prefer to help.

Whatever ill will you have for me, I apologize. There are things I can't say here and hope that you PM me elsewhere. I will not PM you and impose myself on you but hope to hear from you...
    So you can't like me anymore because I question your ethics or motives?
    OK I retract the lie part but you can't deny you deceived me which basically amounts to the same thing.
    As for the sites I don't really care but you weren't on everything a year ago that yo are now. I'm not saying your involvment in phishing IPs had anything to do with it but let's just get all the facts straight.

Really bumrocks I personally don't have anything against you but I do have serious issues with some things you've done.

And thank you for defending me but I feel, as no doubt you do here ,that I've never done anything that I needed to defend myself against .

Also you don't need my permission to PM me anyplace.I'd be happpy to here from you.Besides all this crap is tracker related and doesn't have anything to with us a real peoplewhich in my case means raking leaves which I'm now off to do .I'll caught up later.

@ca_aok politics and probity have very little in common.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 11-01-2009 at 06:30 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    No .

Btw @ Martin uploading isn't necessarily an altruistic thing either .
    Well of course. Uploading was what stood out along with quite a few forum posts (good ones at that). Some of those were slefish too.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38

So you can't like me anymore because I question your ethics or motives?
    OK I retract the lie part but you can't deny you deceived me which basically amounts to the same thing.
    As for the sites I don't really care but you weren't on everything a year ago that yo are now. I'm not saying your involvment in phishing IPs had anything to do with it but let's just get all the facts straight.

Really bumrocks I personally don't have anything against you but I do have serious issues with some things you've done.

And thank you for defending me but I feel, as no doubt you do here ,that I've never done anything that I needed to defend myself against .

Also you don't need my permission to PM me anyplace.I'd be happpy to here from you.Besides all this crap is tracker related and doesn't have anything to with us a real peoplewhich in my case means raking leaves which I'm now off to do .I'll caught up later...
    No, I still like you. I apologize if i was for deceiving you. I do respect you and regret damaging our relationship. I felt alot of ill will in your first post and hate that I caused that.

Yes, you haven't done anything that needed defending BUT very few are willing to stand up for a FST mod and I was. Maybe I didn't so much defend but for a better choice of words vouched for you. I'll PM you later...My fingers are getting tired...

I can only think of 2 sites that I wasn't on a year ago that I am on now. Both of my inviters made their decisions based on relationships built over time and nothing to do with hunting. 1 probably had no clue that I ever hunted traders. Neither one was a staff member.

Once again I apologize to those I directly disappointed or effected.

If you want my honest answer then ask...
    Last edited by bumrocks; 11-01-2009 at 07:18 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I am relatively new to all this BT drama and politics and I really hope that I don't gain experience in it. As of such, I have never known you or the issues surrounding you and perhaps my opinion can provide an outsiders perspective on the issue without any previous biases.

To be honest, I probably would have respected you better if you had just said that you had hunted traders in an attempt to climb your way up the BT ladder. At least in that regard you had a specific and ulterior purpose in mind when you were deceiving other users. You had mentioned that you had already acquired all your "dream trackers" before hunting traders and that because of that, you were simply only doing it for the pleasure of catching traders. Essentially, every day, you were purposely acting deceitfully among the members of FST for the sheer pleasure of tricking members of this forum? What does that say about your character as a person?

You had mentioned that the traders were the cancer of BT. And as of such, they were destroying the security, integrity, and well being of a tracker. I completely agree with the fact that traders are detrimental to a tracker. But do two wrongs make a right? How can anyone in their right mind claim that constantly lying, deceiving, and tricking other members of a site for the sole purpose of screwing them over, while at the same time taking pleasure in doing it is any better than trading?

You had mentioned that you had earned the trust of other upstanding members in the community in order to gain entrance into some of the most elusive trackers. How can you even use the word trust in this context without sounding incredibly hypocritical?

Because of this, I had voted no in the poll. I simply can't fathom how I would trust a member that would go to these lengths to deceive. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and that you have changed your ways, but as with your busting of trading, its hard to give people a second chance.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    FFS. There's even a question mark after the please. How can I take that seriously. I'm going to vote no a few more times.
    Now go away.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast