Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has DEMONOID gone for good?

Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by ztx651 View Post
    It will be back online.
    That's reassuring,i'd be gutted if it closed down. Hey guys incase you missed it ,ztx651 is an admin there.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    sake's Avatar V12 BiTurbo BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post

Why do you need this proxy?
    Ukraine is blocked by Demoniod due to too many DDOS attack originating from there. (server is located in Ukraine)
    Thank you for the explanation

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    no reason why the site would die...if that was indeed the case, they wouldnt've kept the servers active
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 11-03-2009 at 08:18 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    hopefully it will return soon

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    inthistwilight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    I have to say, it's seems a bit odd that they've been waiting on 1 person who hasn't been available for months to bring the data back. You would think with the type of users Demonoid has, there has to be several trusted people that have the same ability.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I'm definitely not holding my breath anymore. It's just been too long. And TrollingThunder made a good point.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by inthistwilight View Post
    I have to say, it's seems a bit odd that they've been waiting on 1 person who hasn't been available for months to bring the data back. You would think with the type of users Demonoid has, there has to be several trusted people that have the same ability.
    exactly seems a bit of a lame excuse, but to be honest who really cares if it came back or not.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalltheway View Post
    exactly seems a bit of a lame excuse, but to be honest who really cares if it came back or not.
    I do,coz it's a terrific general site with a plethora of content. More precious than any of the elite "community" sites anyway.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalltheway View Post
    You may not care, but there many who care; including me.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Demonoid was a great site for obscure music and audiobooks, alot of stuff there that never was anywhere else. Hopefully they can find a new home to operate from if Ukraine is too hot for them (and previously Canada)...Uk-T's servers were in the Netherlands for a long time. Their existing server host seemed pretty adamant in the article that there was no technical/operating issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast