Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: To ban or not to ban...This is the Q..

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by QPD View Post
    I belive you, but I cannot take my wife, quit my job and move to Sweden ( although I would like to). I am just seeking for another viable solution...
    U cant download the exact same stuff from other trackers? or is pre times and teh leetnes that important to you that you cant use other trackers?

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    hagckz0r's Avatar Dreams Come True BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I am the blue son of Obama, the RO Obama, and I request immediate ban lifting for RO's.
    Last edited by hagckz0r; 11-23-2009 at 10:22 PM.
    I'll reply you like no one else

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Day View Post
    Ps: The biggest cancer, on p2p. - S B I N N O V A T I O N - Is german! And u dont seed germans being globally banned from anywere do you ?

Anon - G O F U C X Yourself
    I bet you weren't expecting a reply.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    well, you guys at sb-i do know you're harming an entire filesharing method with what you do?
    You are in part responsible for people from countries with small bandwidth to cheat their way into some trackers, thus causing the good users to be banned.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Things aren't as black as white as you may think. Should have a look at our "why do you cheat" thread. It's not cheating that hurts trackers - but hit & run that does. A lot of us do actually try to give back by uploading, but sometimes it just isn't enough.

And I have always thought country bans are for lazy admins that prefer making one click and shut the door for everyone over actually making efforts to ban cheaters.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    But the concept of sharing has evolved, and now there are plenty of ratioless sites, plus RS links, plus newsgroups, plus emule, plus DC etc etc.
    There's no explanation nowadays to defend the use of such clients.

And how does a hit n runner creates the need to use a fake client? It will even make people more able to send data, as there is one less seeder on the swarm, thus making it easier for everyone else to seed.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 11-23-2009 at 11:20 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Ratioless sites: you're right. I totally respect these and have never cheated there. If you can't simply leave your client open for 48/72 hours, you shouldn't be a part of them in the first place.
    Rapidshare: even though I do have access to one, a lot of people don't have a Premium account. And you probably know that as a free user you have to deal with a speed limit, very annoying wait times, and the fact that they "don't" always have enough slots.
    Newsgroups: you have to pay for access to most of them. Isn't this the same as Pay2Leech?
    eMule: it's a great resource for rare files - however, speeds leave a lot to be desired.
    DC: never tried it, so I couldn't tell.

If you need an explanation to cheat, take sites like ScT. There's a thread right on this board about how they reached 190MB/s, which is 9500 times my upload speed of 20kB/s. On my eyes, such sites simply don't need me to seed.

And how does a hit n runner creates the need to use a fake client? It will even make people more able to send data, as there is one less seeder on the swarm, thus making it easier for everyone else to seed.
    Needless to say, someone that takes without giving back ruins the whole concept of sharing. Of course, the people that uploaded to him will have their upload counted, but it'd be a lot better if he joined the seeders to make the torrent faster for everyone. My point was:

1. someone snatches a torrent and seeds. He manages to upload. 1.0 ratio.
    2. someone snatches a torrent having cheated on it, but seeds. He manages to upload. 1.0 (real) ratio.

There's no difference. So I'd say cheating itself isn't the problem, but how some people handle the fact they no longer have to really seed back.

And about this:
    You have received an infraction worth 5 point(s).
    Reason: Disabled Privileges
    -------
    Dupe account of Icarus.
    I don't even know who Icarus is. However, I'm not stupid enough to use my real IP on FST. It's probably the latter that triggered your multiple account detector.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post

If you need an explanation to cheat, take sites like ScT. There's a thread right on this board about how they reached 190MB/s, which is 9500 times my upload speed of 20kB/s. On my eyes, such sites simply don't need me to seed.
    Wtf does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
    In reality the true reason why someone like you cheats is far different than that.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    QPD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by susiserken View Post
    I belive you, but I cannot take my wife, quit my job and move to Sweden ( although I would like to). I am just seeking for another viable solution...
    U cant download the exact same stuff from other trackers? or is pre times and teh leetnes that important to you that you cant use other trackers?
    It's not about that I don't have other accounts, It's the apperheid that enoys me.If you don't know the term google it!

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Benjamin's Avatar Poster
    Do you think Romania and Israel should ever be allowed again on SCC,SCT and GFT?
    No, keep them banned.
    "She tried to be sexy, I asked her can you stop, I want the real deal I don't want a hand job."

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast