Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why You Leave?

Originally posted by JPaul@11 October 2003 - 16:34
    I agree with you sharedholder.

It's not about filesharing it's about liberty. The liberty to steal from others. That's the sort of spirit America was built on.
    So now you see that it IS that simple?

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST...ndpost&p=531740

As for the k-lite, I stumbled upon this forum as a result of its P2P capacity but I really don't download that much anymore and I continue to share 24/7. I stay for the people and I am going nowhere.

I would have to say that the P2P efficiency has certainly deteriorated. I have now been downloading Identity for a week, constantly changing supernodes and watching my status remain at "connecting". All we seem to be able to hope for now is to stumble across a single good source and download the entire movie from it.

5 sources

1) 1.74 kb/sec
    2) 0.00
    3) 0.00
    4) 0.00
    5) 0.00

Typical profile of download rates

I am not flaming but something is either very wrong either with the program or some agency is winning the battle and people are not sharing. Musleman talks about "bad sources" in the Problems section, but who is posting them and what would the point be? I had been reliably downloading at 100-150 kb/sec, now my peak download speed is 20. Most of the time I just spend "connecting...".
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by clocker@11 October 2003 - 20:59
    This may be a more suitable topic for the Filesharing section, but before it gets moved...

I'm not leaving K-Lite.
    I've never had a problem with the program.
    I can always find sources and my DL speeds are fine.
    The 'privacy patch' and 'bad IP blocker' seem like reasonable precautions and I feel fairly safe.

In short, I'm a happy camper and see no reason to scurry under a rock.
    same

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    A very good post sharedholder, and i know exactly what you mean (so does JPaul, he's just got a twisted sence of humour).

Moving this to filesharing....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@11 October 2003 - 18:45
    A very good post sharedholder, and i know exactly what you mean (so does JPaul, he's just got a twisted sence of humour).

Moving this to filesharing....
    TY ,is ok .I'm not worried about JPaul ,i just tell my opinion on what is happenend now i will like to say more opinions not just humor.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    hi ya all, there comes a time in uk at end of this month when riaa or whoever over here can touch us in uk but im addicted too downoading so i am not stopping. share holder i thought u were english till i read this post of yours and now i no your not i think your english is very good ,in fact better than mine hee hee lol was a long post though but very good point. i no 1 of the mods went but hes back now due to his probs.[B][O][T] has been helpful to me hes never in a mood like a certain mod lol i downloaded an album new one and it didnt take long 2 get it like my other 50albums which have missing songs and will get them b4 end of month but i aint gonna stop just wanna get them out the way 1st lol

p.s. i will stop writing so u all dont go sleep rreading my post lol

to you share have a ((((hug))))

omg god this damn prog pop idol grrrrrrr

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Very well said, everyone !! Don't let anyone take away the liberty !! I have always found this community very helpful, and have learnt several new things. Not just about IT stuff, but also the importance of human freedom.

omg god this damn prog pop idol grrrrrrr
    On a less serious note, I have to say I quite liked Pop Idol tonight, it was better than last week's show. My favourite singer is Danielle, so I am glad she got through on the "Wild Card" show where the runners-up are given a second chance.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    BANNED
    very good point and post sh what most people here don't understand is that as i

said before in your other thread they are after kazaa because its a big one and

they are trying to set an example but once and if we let them get kazaa no matter

where we go they will follow us next, they are not stoping at kazaa they just got

started here once they do away with us using it then they will do the same with the

next p2p we go to and so on and so forth

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Are celebrities not getting enough money as it is?
    look at bruce willis he gets something like 150 million $ for a movie is that not enough for him?
    so I prefer downloading one of his films than buying a 30€ DVD

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by Dark Side@13 October 2003 - 20:42
    Are celebrities not getting enough money as it is?
    look at bruce willis he gets something like 150 million $ for a movie is that not enough for him?
    so I prefer downloading one of his films than buying a 30€ DVD
    Good point. What does it have to do with people leaving Kazaa Lite?

Am I oversimplifying by saying that - right or wrong - most people don't want to be sued by the RIAA? Am I missing something here?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast