Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Half Life 2

Poster
    gimme gimme gimme, or am I too n00bish for you

2. Games   -   #32
    Octopussy
    lol already seen the 1 hour ingame footage...its on every pc game site...the e3 trailer

3. Games   -   #33
    Originally posted by Octopussy@18 October 2003 - 21:20
    lol already seen the 1 hour ingame footage...its on every pc game site...the e3 trailer
    yeah, you're still missing the point though...the trailer only shows what valve wanted to show, it's possible they were 'hiding' things from the viewers

also, what kind of hardware was that run on? do you have exact specs?
    do you know how the game runs on normal hardware?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Games   -   #34
    Octopussy
    grr why would they hide anythigngggg they showed the real stuff

and i duno what hardware it was on and its probably best so the game looks best and thats wat im gona have once i get a good a 256 mb radeon 9 thousand somting

5. Games   -   #35
    Originally posted by Octopussy@19 October 2003 - 06:06

and i duno what hardware it was on and its probably best so the game looks best and thats wat im gona have once i get a good a 256 mb radeon 9 thousand somting
    Because valve don&#39;t want to spoil too much. Half-life 2 is going to be an extremely sophisticated game, i don&#39;t think they&#39;d want to show people all the goodies before it&#39;s released

Also, the radeon 9000 is a generation + old.

6. Games   -   #36
    Originally posted by tHe LiNk+21 October 2003 - 08:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tHe LiNk @ 21 October 2003 - 08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Octopussy@19 October 2003 - 06:06

Because valve don&#39;t want to spoil too much. Half-life 2 is going to be an extremely sophisticated game, i don&#39;t think they&#39;d want to show people all the goodies before it&#39;s released

Also, the radeon 9000 is a generation + old. [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t make fools of yourselves, 1st off I am not a Valve Hater or Lover, I&#39;ve had my fair share of problems with them and my few times of happiness(though the problems exceed), but it could be that they showed the great things of the game in the e3 video that always work in some exact situation...like the whole house scene with the aliens shooting through the windows, but maybe the game is so complex AND INCOMPLETE that they still have not programmed it correctly to do that everytime if some small variable is changed *1 glitch of many*

are we being lied to? I dont know, but if you havent come in contact with Valve supporting customers, its not a good site. They&#39;ve had some annoying ass glitches with (VAC) Valve Anti Cheat for years and havent done anyhting about it at the requests of 1000&#39;s of players being banned for no reason whatsoever...

will this game be as awesome as it looks to be? good question, and only valve programmers can decide if they want to be game delaying asshats or keep delaying it and tell the truth...

Simple in fact.

7. Games   -   #37
    Originally posted by Gandalf on Crack+22 October 2003 - 00:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gandalf on Crack @ 22 October 2003 - 00:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by tHe LiNk@21 October 2003 - 08:18
    <!--QuoteBegin-Octopussy
    @19 October 2003 - 06:06

Also, the radeon 9000 is a generation + old.
    Don&#39;t make fools of yourselves, 1st off I am not a Valve Hater or Lover, I&#39;ve had my fair share of problems with them and my few times of happiness(though the problems exceed), but it could be that they showed the great things of the game in the e3 video that always work in some exact situation...like the whole house scene with the aliens shooting through the windows, but maybe the game is so complex AND INCOMPLETE that they still have not programmed it correctly to do that everytime if some small variable is changed *1 glitch of many*

are we being lied to? I dont know, but if you havent come in contact with Valve supporting customers, its not a good site. They&#39;ve had some annoying ass glitches with (VAC) Valve Anti Cheat for years and havent done anyhting about it at the requests of 1000&#39;s of players being banned for no reason whatsoever...

will this game be as awesome as it looks to be? good question, and only valve programmers can decide if they want to be game delaying asshats or keep delaying it and tell the truth...

Simple in fact. [/b][/quote]
    Few problems with your post which you seem to just spun off on for absolutely no reason whatsoever. You assume that i think that the trailers shown aren&#39;t scripted, i never said that once.

Although the actual fact is that i don&#39;t think it is scripted because they havnt spent all these years on HL2 for nothing, and they don&#39;t seem to be shy about selling off their source code to designers willing to pay for it.

"(VAC) Valve Anti Cheat" Where the hell did that come from. While i don&#39;t deny it, you seem to of taken that out and tried to make it into a decent case against valve. They have done some simply amazing projects since it was founded, and you choose that as a point of argument?

8. Games   -   #38
    god damn how fuckin big is this game? i just downloaded it and started to unpack to rars and its been going for a while now

9. Games   -   #39
    heh posted that a little late lol... anyway i just opened the game and when i go to new game i get the options.. ive tried all of them and it just sits there doing nothing&#33;

10. Games   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    you open the maps from the maps folder.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast