Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Would You Pronounce The Name "inez"?

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    With great difficulty

2. Lounge   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    All such as mentioned are used, depending.

The problem could be solved by asking her how she prefers it; people with such names are usually not offended by being asked, as they are more than aware of the dilemma.

Unless you are asking for purposes of christening a child thus, in which case the problem solves itself, yes?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@22 October 2003 - 15:52

The problem could be solved by asking her how she prefers it; people with such names are usually not offended by being asked, as they are more than aware of the dilemma.

Unless you are asking for purposes of christening a child thus, in which case the problem solves itself, yes?
    Cheers for everyone's help on this, in the end I asked the girl in question how her middle name was pronounced (it was "ee-ness" in this instance but I expect any one of these answers could have been valid...)

edit:ps my reason for trying to figure out this was a vain attempt to impress this girl by guessing her middle name (she gave me the first and last letters). Yes, I know, I'm very sad....

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by Withcheese+22 October 2003 - 13:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 22 October 2003 - 13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@22 October 2003 - 15:52

Cheers for everyone&#39;s help on this, in the end I asked the girl in question how her middle name was pronounced (it was "ee-ness" in this instance but I expect any one of these answers could have been valid...)

edit:ps my reason for trying to figure out this was a vain attempt to impress this girl by guessing her middle name (she gave me the first and last letters). Yes, I know, I&#39;m very sad.... [/b][/quote]
    Not so sad-

If us guys ever told our stories about such things......

BRRRRRRRR&#33;

Gives me chills yet.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    You could have asked to be formally introduced by a mutual friend, who was fluent in Spanish, with an accent from the region her parents were raised in.

Couldn&#39;t be simpler, you only had to ask.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by JPaul@22 October 2003 - 13:58
    You could have asked to be formally introduced by a mutual friend, who was fluent in Spanish, with an accent from the region her parents were raised in.

Couldn&#39;t be simpler, you only had to ask.
    Just so-

Listen to J&#39;Pol, and you, too, can be a simpleton.

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@22 October 2003 - 20:06

Listen to J&#39;Pol, and you, too, can be a simpleton.
    Are you commatose this evening.

Your style is somewhat stilted.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey+22 October 2003 - 11:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 22 October 2003 - 11:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@14 October 2003 - 23:09
    How would you pronounce the name "INEZ"?&nbsp; It&#39;s a Spanish female name, any help would be gratefully appreciated, especially from any of our Spanish speaking friends...

Cheers guys
    Depends on where you&#39;re from.

In Castilian Spanish (used in mainland Spain), which I know a little of, it would be "ee-neth", but in other dialects it is "ee-ness" or even "ee-nez". [/b][/quote]
    Lamsey - you know I love you man - but since I&#39;ve been away I&#39;ve noticed that your avitar has become er ........ well sort of........... just a bit ........ erm creepy??

Still what do I know?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by JPaul+22 October 2003 - 14:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul &#064; 22 October 2003 - 14:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@22 October 2003 - 20:06

Listen to J&#39;Pol, and you, too, can be a simpleton. &nbsp;
    Are you commatose this evening.

Your style is somewhat stilted.[/b][/quote]
    I wasn&#39;t then, but I am now.

I&#39;ve never been good with stilts-cruciate insufficiency, wouldn&#39;t you know.

I still dream about the circus, though.........

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12