Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Spartacus :Blood and Sex ..I mean Sand

Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Am not really enjoying this new series at all... I don't think the 'new' Spartacus is a touch on Andy Whitfield, and for some reason am just not getting into the whole plot the way I did with the previous 2 series
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

2. Movies & TV   -   #112
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    how can you not like blood, tits, more blood, sex, more blood, ass, more blood, & death? I think it is pretty comical how gory they make every fighting scene and then show some titties in the middle of it...
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

3. Movies & TV   -   #113
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... where did I say I didn't like all those delights???

Just think the storyline/actors/acting is a little bit sheee-ite this time round, and not really getting into it... in fact I downloaded episode 5 last night and am sat on here typing shit instead of watching it... wouldn't have happened before with the previous 2 series
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

4. Movies & TV   -   #114
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsy View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... where did I say I didn't like all those delights???

Just think the storyline/actors/acting is a little bit sheee-ite this time round, and not really getting into it... in fact I downloaded episode 5 last night and am sat on here typing shit instead of watching it... wouldn't have happened before with the previous 2 series
    I was feeling pretty much the same but episode 5 proved to overcome the annoying characters and bad acting and was terrifically apocalyptic. Whoever directed it deserves some credit for infusing the climatic battle with both a ton of energy and a bit of suspense.
    Probably back to meh after this but at least it showed that the series when done well can still work.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #115
    Well I best bugger off for the night and watch this episode 5 then...

6. Movies & TV   -   #116
    Season 2 finale aka Bloodbath Part Deux.
    Actually the series is following remarkably closely to reported History so I wonder
    Spoiler: Show

Anyway while watching that I had to wonder if there has ever been another series that approached the violence of this one?

7. Movies & TV   -   #117
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I've just watched the finale to Vengeance.

What an absolutely fantastic franchise this is. If you're a guy, it appeals to you on a number of levels - mostly very base levels but what has struck me is how closely tethered to various historical accounts this depiction of Spartacus has remained. Historical dramatisations have always been one of my favourite genres but what often sets them apart from one another is how subtle the nods to documented events and characters are. You get to thinking how the writers will depict a certain character or event and I've usually been pleasantly surprised with Spartacus. Particularly with Vengeance since the previous two series weren't so ruled by past events.

I loved the episode where they brought down the arena, everyone did, it was best episode in all three of the series. Absolutely gripping and I can't think of anything to top it, entertainment wise, from any other genres within the last few years.

What was unfortunate was the absence of one lead performer throughout the whole thing. I've heard so many people say that the new Spartacus isn't a patch on Andy Whitfield, but I think the new dewd's acting is slightly better. His presence and the intensity conjured up by the production team has grown on me throughout the series to such an extent that he is an eminently more believable Spartacus than Andy Whitfield ever was.
    The reuniting of Oenomaus and Gannicus which was facilitated by Spartacus close to the conclusion was cheesy but I think the feel-good factor was needed to temper the deaths of so many main characters and the apparent hopelessness of their situation.

What they did with the historically unremarkable Glaber was fantastic, giving him a burning raison d'être and necessarily giving him both military and political nous so that he could be a worthy nemesis for Spartacus. Both his and Ashur's demise paves the way for the really heavy Roman hitters to have a crack at Spartacus and his merry men in the next series. I just worry how the pitched battles will be worked in, I understand that they're rather difficult to properly co-ordinate on television budgets.

Lastly, why are there so many Australians in it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Movies & TV   -   #118
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    They work cheap and don't require shower facilities since they are comfortable in their own filth.

Anyway I sort am divided on the "new" Spartacus.I think the problem that people have with him(McIntyre) is that he lacks some of the masculinity of Whitfield .I do agree though that he carries off the big inspirational speeches that were so much part of that cycle than I think Whitfield could have.

As for the battle scenes , most everything is already shot in front of bluescreens so I suppose it's just a matter of how much the network/producers are willing to invest to make it believable.
    Also obviously history-wise and as dire as things were, up until this point Spartacus has just been annoying the periphery of Rome .From now on everything has to get big ,whether the series can accommodate that or not.

9. Movies & TV   -   #119
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    They work cheap and don't require shower facilities since they are comfortable in their own filth.

Anyway I sort am divided on the "new" Spartacus.I think the problem that people have with him(McIntyre) is that he lacks some of the masculinity of Whitfield .I do agree though that he carries off the big inspirational speeches that were so much part of that cycle than I think Whitfield could have.

As for the battle scenes , most everything is already shot in front of bluescreens so I suppose it's just a matter of how much the network/producers are willing to invest to make it believable.
    Also obviously history-wise and as dire as things were, up until this point Spartacus has just been annoying the periphery of Rome .From now on everything has to get big ,whether the series can accommodate that or not.
    Yeah, I'm interested to know how they're going to show him and his followers tramping up and down Italy - because I'm not sure what they were up to and it seems as if no one really knew wtf he was thinking. Also, up until now, we're asked to suspend disbelief such that Spartacus and his men can easily defeat trained soldiers of a similar or greater number, so it will be interesting to see how that's worked in with the more famous battles being won with overwhelming numerical advantages in favour of the rebelling slaves.

I just googled McIntrye as I didn't know his name before. He's an Aussie too ffs.
    Looks like you were right
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112