Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mafia- Again...

hey could someone explain what bit torrent is to me ? I downloaded it off the site and tried opening it and it said that its installed but didnt say where it was installed to...

2. Games   -   #12
    FirBall1
    Mikecwick - I'm just gettin into these new fangled Bittorrent thingies.

So - Now you have Bittorrent (this is the application that makes the download possible) I think V3.3 is the latest, but not sure.

Now goto a Bittorrent site - eg - http://www.suprnova.org/

choose a file & it will download a torrent file (.tor) to directory of your choice.

Now it will try to connect to other users (peers) i think this is right so far. This might take afew minutes.

Eventually it should & start to download your file.

If for some reason you need to stop the download or you need to reeboot, then to restart the torrent, just double click on the Original torrent file, & choose the same directory you previously used & it should recconect to the same file & resume the download.

Sorry in advance for any mis info but I'm still getting to grips in's & out's of all this
    filesharing wizardry.

Geoff
    (Manchester)

3. Games   -   #13
    ha well I went there and htought i hit the jackpot but everytime I try to dl something its going at 1 KB per sec it does this for every file and Id have to wait about 400 hours ... ouch. It has to be something Im doing wrong...can someone point out some common mistakes ?

4. Games   -   #14
    bump

5. Games   -   #15
    Originally posted by mikecwik@31 October 2003 - 04:54
    ha well I went there and htought i hit the jackpot but everytime I try to dl something its going at 1 KB per sec it does this for every file and Id have to wait about 400 hours ... ouch. It has to be something Im doing wrong...can someone point out some common mistakes ?
    no no no your doing nothing rong bittorent just sucks ass try 2 find some ftp servers instead

6. Games   -   #16
    ftp servers ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12