Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Picture Thread

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Really like the Chicken of the Sea one, anon.

I've been in that situation before. True story. Spring Break '99. Crystal Beach, Galveston, TX. Bunch of us were camping on the beach. We were all pot heads at the time. You couldn't spark a joint without sharing it with 15 people. It's late at night. Buddy and I got in his truck and drove about 200 feet to the edge of the ocean and backed his truck up so we were facing the camp and the ocean was right behind us. This is so we could see if anyone was coming towards us. This was one of those little Nissan Hardbody trucks from the mid 90's, so the cab is tiny. Doesn't take long to fog the whole thing up where you can't see a damn thing. Already couldn't see much anyways with the stereo lights and sure illuminated and it being dark outside. With the bass rumbling the seats, we didn't even feel the waves creeping up. I happen to look real hard out my window and was like..."whooooaaaa...the waves are coming right past us...". As I'm saying it, I'm realizing that it isn't cool, it's bad, very bad. I roll down the window and smoke pours out. I realize the tide has been coming in and waves are crashing past the truck. I lean out and look at the rear tires and they're already halfway deep in the wet sand. The bed of the truck is resting on the wet sand. We get out and alert the rest of our friends. We all owned four wheel drive trucks with big tires, tow ropes, etc....we are not that worried. One truck cant get it out. We connect a second truck. Still cant get it out. The suction and still rising tide are now a very real concern. We call a tow truck. He arrives 30-40 mins later. The truck is fucking buried now. It takes the tow truck and our two personal vehicles to get the truck out of the wet sand. Strangely, I can't even remember how bad the damage to his truck was... Respect the tide.

yo

2. Lounge   -   #302
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Respect the tide.
    True that. Also, don't drive 200 feet out towards it when it's low.

My favorite comment from imgur:

That's not a vehicle. A rare sports utility whale has washed up on the beach and these kind souls are trying to get him back into the water.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 05-03-2015 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #303
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #304
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Ever get the feeling that the internet wasn't really that good an idea?
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #305
    Deep down, I suspect it was invented by cats that wanted to be photographed more.

6. Lounge   -   #306

7. Lounge   -   #307

Last edited by megabyteme; 05-07-2015 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Lounge   -   #308

Last edited by megabyteme; 05-09-2015 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Lounge   -   #309

10. Lounge   -   #310

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 ... LastLast