Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SyncTheBits going on Gazelle

Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    SyncTheBits, one of the most known mobile specialized trackers, is trying to renew itslef by moving his tracker to the Gazelle codebase. Right move, or just a way to be more like every tracker on the net ? This tracker, in lack of users since several months, seems to try everything to renew the activity on the site.

Some things to know

For those who don’t know it yet, Gazelle is one of the most tracker CMS used right now. This CMS come from what.cd at first, but it was open to everyone and began to be used on many sites, on different categories, such as nTorrents, Torrentvault,…
    A little remind about StB too : this site is a dedicated tracker about mobile applications and games. It currently has iphone, android, symbian, windows mobile and java applications and games, and also some movies adapted to the screen of a mobile. Signups are open but invites are regulary given to members.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    I know what they can do to have more members.... Change the time it takes for inactivity. I have signed up like three times and I keep letting it go inactive. With niche trackers I think the time should be longer as you seem to use them in phases (at least I do).
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    I have signed up like three times and I keep letting it go inactive.
    Just remember to log in at least once a month... autologin can do the trick. I'm still on my original account from the first open signups
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I've lost my account as well but then again I hate smartphones, and never really needed an account for my own use. I say just have a server and let users FTP what they want. A ratio system is a bit silly for such small files.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Just remember to log in at least once a month... autologin can do the trick. I'm still on my original account from the first open signups
    Yeah I know, and I am pretty good at keeping my accounts live. Just seems like stb always ends up inactive . I use it a ton to fill up the ipod touch, then kinda forget about it for a while.

Never heard of "auto login" but I may give it a look. Although this last time I just grabbed the stuff I needed from demonoid rather than getting back in.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    it looks pretty kewl ... but i mean , who needs a cell phone tracker ?!

there are tons and tons of sites who provide awesome content via http for eg. ipmart-forum.com

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by VinX View Post

there are tons and tons of sites who provide awesome content via http for eg. ipmart-forum.com
    You're right, warez boards and blogs beat StB in ocntent. A friend of mine signed up once but let his acc down because he could find everything freely available at places that don't even require to sign-up.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by VinX View Post

I found a lot of use for STB, specially its Java game packs. Most "100 games for Motorola V3 RAZR" compilations from sites like the one you mentioned didn't even run in my V3.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    reese's Avatar w00t! BT Rep: +5
    I have taken your advice and we have made some changes tot he site.. v2 launched yesterday and ive made it so that as long as your log in once every 90days you will not remove your acct.

Also if you get promoted to a user class other then "user" your acct should not be disabled unless your a turd.
    ~ Often Imitated, Never Duplicated! ~

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    its a pretty decent site...although I don't have any phone that's worthy of apps from that site (or any site for that matter)...I'm hoping to get a decent phone soon at which point, the site should def. come in handy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast