View Poll Results: Shall post count be removed?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 42.76%
  • No

83 57.24%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Count

wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@17 October 2003 - 06:19
    just posting this to get another post in the post count

*at least im honest*
    oh yea forgot about post count lol i voted no jus 4the kids,but i dont really care bout post counts

2. Lounge   -   #12
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Without the post-count I would have to cut notches on my monitor to keep track

I vote to keep post-counts

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. Lounge   -   #13
    I also cast mine to keep post counts. It help sto know what level of person your are talking to. How simple instruction need be. (this is a general statemnet, let us not get into how number of posts does or does not make you a noob)

4. Lounge   -   #14
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I have to say no.It makes no sense why we can not keep it.If somebody wants to say we are Spammers ohh well.....that is part of the game.

I have been called everything around here.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    Yes.....Because Then I Can Say I Posted 10,000 Times

6. Lounge   -   #16
    VB
    It's also possible to remove it just from the thread view so that it is still available in the profiles.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    Originally posted by VB@17 October 2003 - 04:12
    It's also possible to remove it just from the thread view so that it is still available in the profiles.
    That sounds like the best idea to me.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    VB, you should do that, after you have reached 1000 posts!

9. Lounge   -   #19
    BANNED
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@17 October 2003 - 07:17
    I have to say no.It makes no sense why we can not keep it.If somebody wants to say we are Spammers ohh well.....that is part of the game.

I have been called everything around here.
    You can still be called a spammer or spam without the post count mate.It may even be better for "you".But there wont be any shit about getting to xxx many posts,or crap,like posts with just "umm de de de"just to get a high count.They can brag about.Imo.this way only the say true spammers with a bit of meaning to the words will stand out,mate.PPL who just post one or two word nonsence and brag about there count for attention will eventually be ignored,without anything constructive or"enjoyable" to say.Anyway mate I think the average day posts are never even thought about by regulars,ppl know who you are with o or xxx many posts.You get your respect or standing in the community from what you have to say,even if its "i'm off to take a shit,i'll be back in ten mins"

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Ex-member
    I don't want them removed, because it's an easy gauge of how much a member posts here. For example, we know that someone with 0 posts is either a n00b or a lounge lizard.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast