Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Program For Copying Dvd's

Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+17 October 2003 - 22:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN &#064; 17 October 2003 - 22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-swarnel@18 October 2003 - 02:33
    what do u mean by remove region code? allow it to play in all dvd players?
    if you copy it all dvds will play it, region is for dvd drive itself

here is a little info about region [/b][/quote]

the retail discs and players both have region codes. it&#39;s not just the players.

if you have a region 0 player, it should play most discs, but some discs are designed to halt and show an error message on region 0 players. that&#39;s why it can be useful to remove the region code from the DVD files when you copy them.

and yeah, when you remove the region protection from the DVD files, it doesn&#39;t matter what you play them on.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    but if you don&#39;t know what you are doing you can f***up your dvd drive, my advice don&#39;t mess with it untill you need to chances are for your use you won&#39;t need it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@18 October 2003 - 00:38
    for your use you won&#39;t need it
    for my use? i have a region 0 player, i have region 1 2 & 3 discs. i do have good reason for choosing region 0. i&#39;ve flashed firmware on both stand-alone devices and PC hardware (motherboards, CD/DVD-Roms, VGA cards, IDE cards, SCSI cards, ethernet routers). i haven&#39;t f*cked anything up. thanks for your concern, though.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ok now im confused

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Proffesional Dumbass
    im region 4 cuz im australian and i think the dvd drive im getting with the new computer is region 4
    well i was told i can set what region it is so can i set the drive to region 0?

also if dvd are so new and advanced why did they even make different regions?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by swarnel@18 October 2003 - 02:19
    im region 4 cuz im australian and i think the dvd drive im getting with the new computer is region 4
    well i was told i can set what region it is so can i set the drive to region 0?

also if dvd are so new and advanced why did they even make different regions?
    region coding was designed to stop people from importing discs from other countries, for example when you just can&#39;t wait to see a movie that&#39;s been released overseas but not in your own country.

many stand-alone players have hidden region-switching options, but for a PC dvd-rom the easiest solution is to leave your drive as region 4 and then use a program like this one-- http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm
    it simply intercepts the region info and replaces it with a code that allows you to play foreign discs. if you successfully bypass the region coding, you can buy DVDs from the u.s., europe & asia without any worries about compatibility.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Proffesional Dumbass
    many stand-alone players have hidden region-switching options, but for a PC dvd-rom the easiest solution is to leave your drive as region 4 and then use a program like this one-- http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm
    it simply intercepts the region info and replaces it with a code that allows you to play foreign discs. if you successfully bypass the region coding, you can buy DVDs from the u.s., europe & asia without any worries about compatibility.
    thanks 3RA1N1AC
    now i might be able to buy that box set of dvd i want from america

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12