Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My boxing fight on friday

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Where as I on the other hand know exactly zero about boxing, apart from enjoying watching our heavyweight fighter, David Tua, knock yet another opponent absolutely senseless with his evil right hook.
    From me though Albo, great fight, even more surprising that it was your first, you may have felt nervous, but you did not show it, since this was only your debut you show great promise!

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Albo good fight man. Didn't look like that was your first fight. Hope you post your next fight up, im looking forward to seeing it cause you only get better in time.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I am very happy to see so much encouragement for FST's own "hometown kid". I decided to make some user bars to show my support. Please feel welcome to use either of these if you are so inclined.

Edit- added attachment that includes formatting code with link to this thread.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 02-09-2010 at 01:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    well done man

the best bit was when hit him before the first bell

from about 2:10 onwards he was worried, he was in retreat mode for sure

he was rocked a few times just then, you're timing was spot on.

2:18 he was following you're timing but he was missing.

2:26 great combo

you were winning at that point

that last round was his

fuck

who won?
    Last edited by Alien5; 02-09-2010 at 12:53 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I won but the fight could have went either way just by what he did in the last round. If I didn't win the 2 first rounds and half of the last round, the judges would have gave him the fight for sure. I really learned a lesson from this fight. I went there too confident and I've even been slacking of in my training because i thought I was gonna go there and fight bums.
    I was wrong and that third round truly showed me to respect the sport.

Btw, today was the first day in the gym since friday(the day of the fight). I was doing every exercise with my hands up and my chin tucked in this time around. I gotta admit it felt weird because usually i hit the bag and shadow box with my left hand down to my hip and sometimes I would forget and drop my hand.
    It also feels like your speed isn't the same when you keep your hands up and tucked in and your hands get more tired than usual, but one thing for sure is that it's definitely safer keeping your hands up and that's what im going to do for these two upcoming weeks. I'm also going to practice on some new ways to get in and land some meaningful shots without dropping my hands or cocking back.

Oh btw lol I forgot to mention this. The gym where I train at(John's Gym in the Bronx) is the same gym that former IBF champion Joshua Clottey trains at. He's a defensive master and there's a lot that I am going to be learning from watching him.
    He just started training last week for his upcoming fight with Pacquiao and he's looking good. The only thing that I'm worried about is that he switched his old trainer and is training with some new guy who doesn't know Joshua like his official trainer Asante knows him. He doesn't know how to work with him.
    He wasn't looking like the same Clottey doing the pads with this new guy and I'm worried he's not going to get the proper training for pacquiao.
    I feel his chances with Pacquiao were always small because of his low workrate, but I think they're about to get smaller.

Hey Megabyteme thanks for the userbars man. I appreciate it and i know they took a while to make but I don't want you guys to put them on your sigs cause it would be corny lol. Showing your support by commenting on my videos and correcting what i did wrong is enough for me.
    Youre a good dude and i know you tried to do a good thing and I hope im not coming of as an asshole here lol. they look awesome btw. i like the color design and everything.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 02-09-2010 at 02:00 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    congrars albo

a huge downside for me was the fucking shots we didn't see, the camera angles etc.

you had to learn that lesson the hard way didn't ya?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Yea man I really learned the lesson the hard way. I was in in a very deppresed state of mind for about 2 days after the fight and I was being harsh on myself for letting that happen to me( mainly because a lot of my friends and family were there to watch me and I had promised them a knockout) but I'm glad I had to go through that because if this guy didn't show me what I was doing wrong, someone else better than him would have showed me and then it would have been too late. I'm still in the tournament and I still got a chance to win.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 02-09-2010 at 02:15 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    First time I wasn't trying to be corny...

How about a slight edit that says, "Albo The Kid Supporter"?

Actually just noticed it is "Albo Da Kid", could change that as well.

Let me know. You did really well in your first fight and there are several people rooting for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    I thoroughly enjoyed the fight and give you kudos for posting it. Massively entertaining it was. I'm definitely looking forward to watching your next fight

@MBM - btw that was so cool to make those sig's. I like them and defo don't think it corny at all
    Last edited by kallieb; 02-09-2010 at 03:40 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    First time I wasn't trying to be corny...

How about a slight edit that says, "Albo The Kid Supporter"?

Actually just noticed it is "Albo Da Kid", could change that as well.

Let me know. You did really well in your first fight and there are several people rooting for you.
    Never mind I was wrong. Seems like some of you guys have put it in your sig and it doesn't seem bad at all.

I was afraid people were going to think it was corny. lol my fault

Leave it "The" btw.. It seems more proffesional.

Thanks for the fine work MGM. Give me an idea of what my userbar should say.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast