Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Racist Comments

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Yes that thread pissed me off as for klf Musicworld I dont know what happened in there coz I dont go in that kidie room anymore

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    It seems rather strange, to me, to expect our board mods to moderate other KL-related areas. SoulSeek would be an excellent example of that.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    We dont.

The board has no authority at either soulseek or IRC (p2pchat)

However, like other people..........just because we are active here, does not mean we dont have interests elsewhere.

If these interests overlap, then thats not unusual....epecially as the board members opened IRC rooms and soulseek rooms with open invitations...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Poster
    I didn't see the particular thread you are speaking about.

However I did comment when the new rules were posted. I was one of the first people to post after VB had published the new rules.

I remain concerned about the omission. We should have an official, stated position with regard to racism.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    "I remain concerned about the omission. We should have an official, stated position with regard to racism."-JPaul

I strongly agree!

Peace brotherdoobie

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    i do agree as well. there needs to be somethign about it cause racism is not cool by any means and should not be tolerated and if it is in the rules then people can not say its not in the rules so its ok or you cant do anything to me.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by JPaul@19 October 2003 - 22:42
    I didn't see the particular thread you are speaking about.
    I did post it at the beginning of this topic, but for the benefit of those who couldn't be bothered hitting the back button on thier browser:
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?...pic=74891&st=0

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    race is prolly one of the most complicated topics anyone has to deal with socially... it's hard to distinguish what people say, from what they mean. do they really mean to be racist, or not? imho, some of the funniest humor/comedy deals with race & racism, people of all ethnicities find it amusing, and it's not meant to be genuinely racist. society can't take everything seriously, all the time, lest we all become bitter, angry people who think the world is incurably corrupt & unfair.

but then, how are people with authority (in position to censor offensive comments) supposed to deal with it? if they don't make a choice between complete tolerance of racial comments or complete intolerance, they set themselves up to be accused of only selectively applying censorship.

people in many parts of the world have direct experience with aboriginal issues (like in america, australia, new zealand, etc)... but in other regions, the aboriginals vs. settlers issue simply does not exist. so it's prolly not offensive to people who don't have a cultural knowledge of aboriginals.

imho, yes, some of those people in that thread (the one regarding movies that feature aboriginals) used racist slang and it wasn't sensitive, but they explained that it wasn't meant to be hateful and i don't think they're lying.

it's up to the admins/moderators to announce an explicit rule regarding racial discussion though, since we are all obliged to follow their rules when visiting their forum.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@20 October 2003 - 19:09
    imho, yes, some of those people in that thread (the one regarding movies that feature aboriginals) used racist slang and it wasn't sensitive, but they explained that it wasn't meant to be hateful and i don't think they're lying.
    Intentional or not, some of the input on that topic was clearly counterproductive and intended to disrupt. One person's apparent eagerness for the topic to be closed proves that. His wholesale dismissal of indigenous Australian's film making abilities was also made very clear, in spite of being completely wrong and inappropriate.

it's up to the admins/moderators to announce an explicit rule regarding racial discussion though, since we are all obliged to follow their rules when visiting their forum.
    Absolutely. This forum is a place where I come for enjoyment... I most certainly didn't want to have to play "PC policeman" in that topic. The sooner a racial clause is re-entered into the rules, the better it will be for all concerned.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    OMG i read that thread posted above and i thought..... ok im expecting a huge flame war with racial slurs of many colours and flavours...

BUT no.... all i saw was one mistyped word and someone saying that "abo" aborigenal(sp) movies suck. Is that not in his opinion to hate that type of film,

I personally cant stand Indian movies, the whiny voices drive me insane (if i wasnt already) doesnt mean im racist.

People are trying to be to polictically correct. im not saying racism is right in fact i think everyone is equal, but if u ask me the only ones spouting racism around are the ones complaining about it who just take things to heart too oftern.

chinks - chinese
    japs - japanese
    abos - aborigenals
    limeys - english
    tossers - americans (joke)
    wog ( derived from golly-wog the black man with white makeup on to show his paler features )
    Paki - pakistani

And to take it further - Gay - Homosexual

All these words where just shorthand for the true name for the race or group, hell gay used to mean happy and bright and carefree, its only those in the gay comunity that seem to have corrupted it, you know what i mean.

now when i say gay i mean something is not working, its being stupid, like gah this pc is being gay. i dont mean it in a derogotary sense to gays, im just paraphrasing. It seems to me to be a social construct on how words have to be politcally correct to suite the minor races at the expense of tredding on a few toes.

Grow up all of you and stop thinking, just glaze over it, if something truely gets ur goat then something will be done. it may have been a petty comment... nm i give up you get the picture

Xanex

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast