Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing rtorrent and rutorrent on Debian based linux

noptig

Smile

Hi, thanks very much for this post.

I've been using rTorrent for a few months now and its so much better than Transmission. After getting used to the terminal interface and learning all the keystrokes, like "tspoon" I'm now thinking of setting up a server-based configuration using a plug-computer - so I tried this on a Debian Lenny installation and on my Ubuntu Karmic laptop. I have to say it's taken me a good part of the day to get it all working (lots of debugging missing libraries) - but it's now working perfectly on the Ubuntu system. I'm sure if I tackle the Debian again I'd get that going after a while too.

I know it's taken a while but I've learnt loads of good stuff today and I'm delighted with my flash new https interface - thanks again!

(tspoon - have you got your plug system going yet?)

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #22
    nobtic
    hi!

Im new to all this so i fallow the tutorial line by line, google to fix some probleme but that one, i really dont know what it is...

in step 1:

cd ../rtorrent-0.8.6 -> OK
    ./autogen.sh -> OK
    ./configure --with-xmlrpc-c -> OK
    make -> error

root@llet:/home/louis/rtorrent-0.8.6# make
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

so i've tried the other methode
    with the rm -f scripts/{libtool,lt*}.m4
    and when i try the "make": same error

root@llet:/home/louis/rtorrent-0.8.6# make
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

can someone explain me how to solve my problem?

thx

i upgrade xmlrpc-c to version 1.06.40 and it look like it's ok, no more errors
    Last edited by nobtic; 05-30-2010 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #23
    Hummm having some problems right at the start of this guide.

Can't find two of the packages .... libkdb5 & libgssrpc4 .

Going to do some fiddling ! :/

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #24
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Those shouldn't be in the list anymore, I must've forgotten to update this copy of the guide on the last round of updates. I'll update it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Those shouldn't be in the list anymore, I must've forgotten to update this copy of the guide on the last round of updates. I'll update it now.
    Cheers

Was there anything else that you updated besides the packages? I will try this again later on tonight.

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #26
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    There are always a few other miscellaneous complaints/bugs, so probably. I'm not certain what though, the last time that was updated was at least a month ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #27
    Got this working yesterday on a Debian Lenny Sheevaplug. Works great!

Thank you so much for this tutorial!

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #28
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    thanks, just installed it on centos, this article gave me a great kick start on the installation.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #29
    HumanAfterAll
    Thank you for this How-to, worked on ubuntu...
    There is, however, one strange thing, Stop and Pause commands' effects last only a few seconds, then the torrents switch back to downloading/seeding state. If I stop and restart them once in rtorrent with Ctrl+k & Ctrl+s, the gui commands get to work OK too, but it's very inconvenient.
    I havn't found too much information about this issue, but it doesn't seem a rutorrent problem, also occurs in wtorrent. So it's either xmlrpc or the webserver.
    Please help me if you can, thanks in advance.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #30
    I've had rtorrent running well on a fresh Debian Lenny install using your guide. It has run well for about a week.

rtorrent/libtorrent/xmlrpc-c is all that's running on this box. Something strange has popped up, though. rtorrent spiked the CPU to 100% and became unresponsive. It wouldn't respond to ctrl-q, so I used htop to kill rtorrent. It came back up OK on relaunch, but still

A little research reveals that this behavior may be due to the version of libcurl. See

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/ticket/2159

The relevant quote is

----8<----
    Yes, libcurl 7.18.2 is buggy (there's a race condition with multiple simultaneous connections). There haven't been any problem reports with 7.18.3 so far, so try upgrading to that or maybe a later version.
    ----8<----

And sure enough 7.18.2 is the version I have:

----8<----
    $ dpkg-query -W | grep -i libcurl
    libcurl3 7.18.2-8lenny4
    libcurl4-openssl-dev 7.18.2-8lenny4
    ----8<----

I'm not a total n00b, but I'm unclear on how to install a newer version than what

# apt-get update
    # apt-get upgrade

installs.

How do I do that? Or just point me in the correct direction... Any help is appreciated!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast