Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Ring of Death

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    Or just do the american way, buy another one at target or walmart, and a few days later return the old one, nobody will ever know.
    I've tried it before, they check the serial number on the back lol.
    i've did it the american way before, but with a PC motherboard. i just made sure i swapped out ALL serial numbers prior to taking it back. easy.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Games   -   #22
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    SOL, don't laugh at me but my list of favorite PS3 games is small... Two games that I enjoyed playing that are PS3 only are Demon's Souls and Disgaea.

What about the xbox360 exclusives? It's hard to remember... Games like ME2 and DragonAge I played on PC... racing games... PC... Fifa2k10 I play on PS3... uhhh... Halo 3? GoW2? I can't remember anything else, really.

I guess you understand why I decided to sell the xbox instead of the PS3.

Anyway, I understand why you prefer the xbox over the PS3. We have different tastes for games =)
    Last edited by 7th; 03-11-2010 at 12:01 AM.

3. Games   -   #23
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post

I've tried it before, they check the serial number on the back lol.
    i've did it the american way before, but with a PC motherboard. i just made sure i swapped out ALL serial numbers prior to taking it back. easy.
    I did it too, things stop working a few weeks after the month is over, and those workers on walmart or target making minimum wage and been treated like dirt, they could care less.

4. Games   -   #24
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post
    SOL, don't laugh at me but my list of favorite PS3 games is small... Two games that I enjoyed playing that are PS3 only are Demon's Souls and Disgaea.

What about the xbox360 exclusives? It's hard to remember... Games like ME2 and DragonAge I played on PC... racing games... PC... Fifa2k10 I play on PS3... uhhh... Halo 3? GoW2? I can't remember anything else, really.

Anyway, I understand why you prefer the xbox over the PS3. We have different tastes for games =)
    Forget the exclusive games because there very few now between the two, its just that hole PS dashboard i hate it compared to the xbox 360. Also xbox live i feel is better then psn (for example there isnt even any part chat on psn). And why spend double the money for game play and graphics that are no better.

lol also i get irony of bigging up the xbox 360 in a thread titled by its biggest failure, and probably the best reason not to have one.

On the ring of death it was no problem when i got it, UPS picked up from me sent to germany to get it fixed and i had it back a week later, funny thing was though the guy when picking it up from me knew exactly what it was he said his hole van was fully of them.

5. Games   -   #25
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I just got it back today.
    They're quick!
    The "new" one seems to work fine. The dvd drive is quieter and smoother when it opens and the cooling fans seem to be quieter than in my old one.

6. Games   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    I just got it back today.
    They're quick!
    The "new" one seems to work fine. The dvd drive is quieter and smoother when it opens and the cooling fans seem to be quieter than in my old one.
    That's very good news Tesco!
    Enjoy your old new xbox360

@Villalltheway: The only game I play online is SF and Demon's Souls, so I don't really care about XBL or PSN

7. Games   -   #27
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post

Well I'm not spending $600 to play ME2 on my PC. I say exclusive as for the console,not PC, so when I say exclusive I mean for console.

Crackdown 2 anyone? Dead Rising II?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=81857

I now own God 1,2, and 3 for PS3, Batman/Infamous (came with the bundle) FFXIII, MLB the show, MGS4, and would like to pick up Demon Souls.

360 I have Bioshock 2, ME2, Crackdown (this game never gets old) GTA IV...and most of the time the rest I just rent.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 03-17-2010 at 03:44 PM.
    [center]

8. Games   -   #28
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Well I'm not spending $600 to play ME2 on my PC.
    if u have to pay $600 to play me2 on the pc then i'd say it's time u needed to upgrade anyway.
    Last edited by mr. nails; 03-17-2010 at 09:24 PM.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

9. Games   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Well I'm not spending $600 to play ME2 on my PC.
    if u have to pay $600 to play me2 on the pc then i'd say it's time u needed to upgrade anyway.
    And you don't need a high-end rig to play me2 hehe... The game runs so smooth in many mid-end configs...

But I understand what SOL means...

10. Games   -   #30
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Don't 360 games have a lower res and lower framerates, which is why they are so cheap and can still run latest gen of games?

Then again, alot of PC games are ported badly, and they are optimized for 360, which is annoying for pc gamers. But if you're into FPS or RTS games, or basically anything that isn't 3rd person action/adventure, arcade-like, or racing, I'd think the experience would be best on PC, because of the mouse.

Can't imagine playing CounterStrike, Starcraft, or Sim City4 on a controller...
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 03-19-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast