Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parents Sue Grand Theft Auto Game

Fu*k that! I am going to get a chainsaw and kill some people and sue Rockst*r and live like a king....

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster
    To say GTA influenced it; is simply a smoke screen. You do the crime you do the time, the lowest just went lower

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Originally posted by blackhatknight@29 October 2003 - 03:53
    To say GTA influenced it; is simply a smoke screen. You do the crime you do the time, the lowest just went lower
    blackhat,

You may not realize this but McDonalds recently settled out of court with a 400 lb man who sued them for making him fat.

Nobody is resposible for anything in the United States, it is so sickening.

You just never know what is possible when people abuse the judicial system.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@29 October 2003 - 02:58
    You may not realize this but McDonalds recently settled out of court with a 400 lb man who sued them for making him fat.

and didn't quoate you fully but i totally argee with what your saying, their is a lot to be said for the American legal system but it has so many flaws, not just the american one the birtish one too i'm sure fellow brits will support me in this, it's not a change in legal systems we therefore need it is change in western culture maybe we can learn sometime form our eastern cusions it's not about fixing the blame but fixing the solution, to me it is absolutely ridiculious what you have stated, as it is it obviously to you, in britian if a theives breaks into your house and hurts themseleves they can sue you my point

stop defending the Perpetuator start defending the victum (isn't that and issue in itself i do not support vigilenties)

EDIT: for spelling that affected content apligises to anyone who replied before reading the mod

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Wasn't something similar tried against 'Carmageddon'?
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@29 October 2003 - 03:25
    Wasn't something similar tried against 'Carmageddon'?
    depends where your from GTA was the only game in the UK to be debated in the house of lords in the UK

for non-UK people this is the highest "court" (in quoates as it is and isn't a court but sets law, confuses me too) that a case can be tried in bar the EU court of human rights (an "external" body)

In the UK legally (and probably legally only) it was the most controversial game ever.

Do other UK subjects remember this????

EDIT: spelling and last line

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Well, I don't recall it that well, but I believe it was banned and sued in Germany. The state lost a counter-sue however that allowed them to distribute it again only by replacing the blood with a green variant.

Such things don't happen here in the Netherlands though, we'll tolerate pretty much everything

edit: I'm talking about Carmageddon
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@29 October 2003 - 05:03
    Well, I don't recall it that well, but I believe it was banned and sued in Germany. The state lost a counter-sue however that allowed them to distribute it again only by replacing the blood with a green variant.

Such things don't happen here in the Netherlands though, we'll tolerate pretty much everything
    If you guys could work on the "climate " thing, I would gladly move to any country where "reason" is still considered "reasonable".

I currently enjoy south Texas in which Christmas can be sunny and 75.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    "wasn't something simaliar tried for caramgedon" MY PARAPRASE

You could be right but in the UK i've not found any supporting evidence for your statement (which doesn't mean it's wrong)

EDIT: quoate added and spelling (it just embrassing lol)

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Inevitable's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+29 October 2003 - 03:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 29 October 2003 - 03:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blackhatknight@29 October 2003 - 03:53
    blackhat,

Nobody is resposible for anything in the United States, it is so sickening.

You just never know what is possible when people abuse the judicial system. [/b][/quote]
    How can Mcdonalds make someone fat? He came to them and made himself fat...weird...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast