Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are Cliques Good Or Bad?

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by TheDave@23 October 2003 - 16:52
    jpaul, i prefer your lounge mode. you go into world events mode to much these days
    You think there's a difference?

I don't.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    The

Why can't people just post what they think and how they feel.

No mode, no hidden agenda. Just post / say what they think. Not for effect, not for reaction, just what they think. Without fear or favour.

Clocker

Thanks for that.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by JPaul@ 24 October 2003 - 00:51
    Praise indeed, from someone whose posts have been nothing short of inspirational.

I remember with fondness your classic ....

I may, in you opinion, disappear up my own arse, you however never leave your's.

You occasionally throw out these "one-liners" and presumably think them clever. If intellectual masturbation is your proverbial cup of tea, so be it. However please take your condescension elsewhere. I for one find it tiresome.
    Oh dear, what have i done. First off Jpaul, i don't post that often, usually when i do it is in software world. I don't see why i can be accused of being 'up my own arse', but then, you're on the defensive. The only time i've really got on my high horse is with you and Balamm, both of you deserved it.

The fact of the matter is JPaul, i don't like the way you present yourself on this forum. Ever since your misogynistic ranting on the abortion thread i find your aggressive opinionatedness unsettling and often disturbing.

Oh yes, you may well use your flowery and verbose writing style to depict an apparently deep and intellectual personna, but anyone with a brain can see you for what you really are. A sad, middle aged man, trying too hard to impress.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Originally posted by liquidacid@24 October 2003 - 09:23

While often you completely disappear up your own bottom, these are very wise words. I hope your adulating young fans pay attention to this one.
    Well, I'm not that young (except compared to JPaul j/k) but I am surely adulating.

Can I just point out here that our 'clique' while it might seem like it's a very tight knit group who doesn't venture out much, the fact of the matter is that just a few short months ago, none of us knew each other. We've met on various forums where we were all 'getting out' individually.

Our group is ever expanding and now includes a fair smattering of Poms, a couple of Yanks, some Canadians, and recently a Scot also decided we had a lot of fun together, and he'd stick around. KL is not the only forum we go to, some of our friends don't come here at all, preferring the cosier, friendlier atmosphere of smaller forums. They only come here if they feel one of our own needs defending, whether they do or not.

I'm not really scared of posting on World News, I simply don't have the time to research properly, so I read it all, go have a play somewhere, and get back to real life. Most of us have families and jobs to take care of and spend waaaaay too much time on the computer as it is.

The nightclubs are set up everywhere we go, we are up to No 6 now, as a meeting point for all the people we meet around the world and we certainly do our best to make new people welcome. I'm sure all our new overseas friends will vouch for that.

Anyway, I'm off to do some work. You are all mighty fun and I enjoy the company of all of you, even if you don't know it. So come in and have a virtual drink sometime, talk some crap and have a laugh.

See ya round like a rissole!

B) Andie

5. Lounge   -   #25
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    whats with the long words? this is stupid, why cant you use real ones. confusing people doesnt make any of you better.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by liquidacid@24 October 2003 - 00:26
    Oh dear, what have i done. First off Jpaul, i don't post that often, usually when i do it is in software world. I don't see why i can be accused of being 'up my own arse', but then, you're on the defensive. The only time i've really got on my high horse is with you and Balamm, both of you deserved it.

The fact of the matter is JPaul, i don't like the way you present yourself on this forum. Ever since your misogynistic ranting on the abortion thread i find your aggressive opinionatedness unsettling and often disturbing.

Oh yes, you may well use your flowery and verbose writing style to depict an apparently deep and intellectual personna, but anyone with a brain can see you for what you really are. A sad, middle aged man, trying too hard to impress.
    Judging from your language there, I'd say that you're a pot calling a kettle black.

JPaul uses a lot of varied and eloquent words because he appreciates that they make subtle differences to his meaning - this is an appropriate use of the breadth of English vocabulary which makes the language so rich and expressive.

He is rarely guilty of using six syllables where one will do, except when being facetious.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by JPaul@24 October 2003 - 00:21
    The

Why can't people just post what they think and how they feel.

No mode, no hidden agenda. Just post / say what they think. Not for effect, not for reaction, just what they think. Without fear or favour.

Clocker

Thanks for that.
    Because they may get ripped apart

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by Smooch+24 October 2003 - 01:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smooch &#064; 24 October 2003 - 01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@24 October 2003 - 00:21
    The

Why can&#39;t people just post what they think and how they feel.

Clocker

Thanks for that.
    Because they may get ripped apart [/b][/quote]
    Because they probably get ripped apart

And JP is a mighty master there in his "rich and expressive" language......

Yogi

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@ 24 October 2003 - 01:41
    facetious
    Thanks Lamsey. That&#39;s the word i was looking for.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Smooch+23 October 2003 - 17:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smooch @ 23 October 2003 - 17:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@24 October 2003 - 00:21
    The

Why can&#39;t people just post what they think and how they feel.

Clocker

Thanks for that.
    Because they may get ripped apart [/b][/quote]
    Sticks and stones

May break my bones,

But pixels cannot harm me.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast