Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man...second Warning In Two Days...

Thanks for the advice REALITY...one question...so I just input the Host number and the port and that's that?

And this will also work in DC++?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Originally posted by X-Nemesis@23 October 2003 - 08:42
    Thanks for the advice REALITY...one question...so I just input the Host number and the port and that's that?

That's It...
    Any other questions and you can post them there...

As for DC++, thats one app I have yet to try. The proxies on the other post are SOCKS5, intended for KL++. Other apps need different programs such as tunneling or such...

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Double Agent
    x-nemesis

ask ur isp if the complaints contain ur unique machine address

ur the machines only contain the ip address you can't fault you for file sharing

go to www.network-tools.com and press the "submit button"

if the first portion of ur host name is xx-xx-xx-xx.goldenispprovider.com then you have ground to argue that they have the wrong guy because they can't positively identify your machine name

However if your hostname looks like this: uraccountnumber/urusername.goldenispprovider.com then you are screwed lol

also i TOLD u to change the ports for bittorrent, if you didn't then you are just asking for trouble

change the ports to 10000 and above

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by X-Nemesis@23 October 2003 - 08:42

SOCKS5 in DC++ is only for connectivity and NOT for privacy. (not yet anyways)

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Thanks for the advice people. I changed the ports in BitTorrent to 10000-11000. And my submission to that site you gave me ended up with the xx-xx-xx-xx.goldenispprovider.combeing returned instead so at least I'm feeling better in that area. Thanks alot for the links JBR and REALITY and happy downloading all.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Did you download this from SuprNova by any chance?
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Yes I did download them from Suprnova?

Is there a private BT site or something where those fiends(RIAA/MPAA/BSA) can't get access to?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12