Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gaming Ignorance

Poster
    Actually, according to ID, Doom 3 on Xbox will retain the same graphical goodness as the PC Version... A Console, unlike a PC, is dedicated only to gaming and therefore the system specs for a PC do not apply to that of a Console.

I own the 3 best consoles

PS2
    Xbox
    Dreamcast (I refuse to buy a gamecube because there are no games on it that appeal to me&#33

I also have a relativly good PC, and I honestly say that Console gaming far surpasses PC Gaming. With console games you just pop the CD into your system and you're ready to play without having to install and without having to pray to God that the game will run nicely.

I prefer playing FPS's on consoles with the Controllers to playing with a Keyboard and Mouse...With Halo on Xbox, my thumbs adapt easily to the controls while on PC I find it more harder to play. (maybe because there is a shorter distance between keys on a controller then on a keyboard.)

All the best games I've ever played appeared first on consoles before being ported to PC... And the console versions are still better.

Metal Gear Solid 2
    GTA 3 and Vice City
    Halo
    Hitman 2
    Silent Hill 2

Etc.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #32
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by TenebraruM@23 October 2003 - 09:58
    Doesn't it just sooo agravate you the way no0bs critisize you and make fun of you, saying that you're wrong all the time and that you're stupid to buy a PC ' instead' of a console and that consoles are just 'so' much better than PCs?

Damn they must be idiots if they think that PCs are only for gaming ...

I mean there was something on the teletext Digitiser replacement letters section recently, it went something like this:
    (Note that me is NOT me)

Me: Why do you buy a PC instead of a console, when the console has just as good games, has more of the latest games, is cheap and easy to use?

Friend: Urm ... because it costs 10x as much, and you have to download all the patches and updates before you can play?

OMFG the ignorance!!

1) Consoles suck compared with PCs

I mean even the revolutionary PS2 128 bit emotion engine graphics is surpassed these days by the ATi 9800XT and the nVidia FX5900U ...

When I was saying this to a friend that had an Xbox, I said to him it was based on a 733mHz P3 (what I didn't realise at the time was that it was based on the rubbish Celeron), and that modern PCs were 2.53 at least with 6 operations per cycle ...
    He replied that the Xbox was more than that, about 4gHz or he thought even more

I mean FFS! he thought that HD space was internal volatile memory!! what a ignorant no0b

Later he got a Celeron from Dell and said that his PC owned and it was the latest!! put up the benchmarks and guess what ... I had a 3DMark 4x his, I mean ffs he thought that prebuilts owned ... omg

And also there was something on Digitiser recently 'God I feel like a Geek, comparing mHz with gHz, deciding which is better, really got to know what your talking about'

Rrrrrr

And I mean

RRRRRRRRRR

This makes me feel ******* angry, I hate ignorance!!

And especially told I'm wrong by a ******* no0b!!

They know **** all and should listen to us

I still havn't vented my anger RRRRRRr
    It was surpassed by alot of the graphics processors of its time too.

One of the great advantages of these consoles are that they RELEASE THE GAMES ON DVDS, NOT 6 CDS LIKE THEY ARE DOING WITH UT2004.

Sorry for the caps, just ranting.

3. Games   -   #33
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Pitbul@23 October 2003 - 10:47
    dude your a noob and your a jackass moron whose contridicting yourself. what did u use to go on the internet? what did u use to post this topic?. first you tear down PC's then in another topic you act like you are the know all and be all PC tech. you moron you said you needed a 2.53 P4 to get and i quote "Decent" performance out of UT2k3. as far as im concerned your just another "dumb noob". and before you try and go off again about consoles i do own a Ps2 and i do not compare consoles to PC's and get the GS in the Ps2 can contend with ATI 9800 Pro's cause Killzone has proved that but still you come off as a moron and i advise you to re-think your opinions and post prefrences and topics before you continue to make yourself look like a complaining ass.
    I get full performance from UT2003 with an Athlon 1.4ghz and a 64mb graphics card, not sure how tho.

EDIT: Sheet shouolda edited post above, sorry.

4. Games   -   #34
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i always thought that a consloe was finely tuned so it could easily surpass a pc of equivilent specs

5. Games   -   #35
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by TheDave@8 November 2003 - 12:40
    i always thought that a consloe was finely tuned so it could easily surpass a pc of equivilent specs
    PC has system resources dedicated to things other than gaming.

Just settle this by saying: PCs are good, consoles are good.

6. Games   -   #36

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234