Thread: A software for PC time lock.?

graywolf's Avatar The Anime Addict
    I'm searching for a software which locks out computer on a time basis, meaning, I'd like to lock out my computer for some time schedules like for example - 5 AM to 5 PM. In that time, no one is able to use the computer, and I know, there are many password protected softwares like that but I want one, that even I can't unlock if I want to, during that time. Hence, no password protection, just simple time lock.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    typeoholic's Avatar Poster
    Something along these lines is what I'm thinking you are looking for:
    http://www.aquariussoft.com/pc-lock-up/

However, the whole 'can't unlock if I want to during that time' can simply be achieved perhaps by forgetting your password. Or perhaps just not using it during that time period. Otherwise, I'm not so sure a piece of software like that exists that has such a specific feature.

And whoever answered your Yahoo question went way off course...lol

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
    I'm searching for a software which locks out computer on a time basis, meaning, I'd like to lock out my computer for some time schedules like for example - 5 AM to 5 PM. In that time, no one is able to use the computer, and I know, there are many password protected softwares like that but I want one, that even I can't unlock if I want to, during that time. Hence, no password protection, just simple time lock.
    you can setup account restrictions on windows.

And their is always a backdoor to everything

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    graywolf's Avatar The Anime Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by typeoholic View Post
    Something along these lines is what I'm thinking you are looking for:
    http://www.aquariussoft.com/pc-lock-up/

However, the whole 'can't unlock if I want to during that time' can simply be achieved perhaps by forgetting your password. Or perhaps just not using it during that time period. Otherwise, I'm not so sure a piece of software like that exists that has such a specific feature.

And whoever answered your Yahoo question went way off course...lol
    heh.. you checked the yahoo answer? Well.. yea.. I was using Aquarius only.. but its time lock mode is a bit weird.. it doesn't do anything except "saying.. Computer lock is enabled" or something like that.. This feature I only saw..in its non password mode...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Vista Parental Controls does the same without external software.
    Last edited by xbloodlust; 03-28-2010 at 06:23 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    That's a cool feature I had no idea it existed!
    Thanks for that post!