Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Good Virus Scan Program?

Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    NORTON 2004

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    BANNED
    Originally posted by justin_9733+24 October 2003 - 16:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (justin_9733 @ 24 October 2003 - 16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@24 October 2003 - 02:08
    what was your version of mcafee?? what was the problem?? what was the uninstall error?? and why in gods name did you delete the file without uninstall?? now you have other files on your pc
    It was version 7, when i tried to uninstall it i would get all this fatal error crap and the uninstall would stop (had not yet deleted anything), mcafee will not let you shut it down if it installed, just disable the virus scan for 60 minutes. All this started happening when i tried to upgrade to virus scan 8.0 and it wanted me to first uninstall 7, I am getting a new 120GB hard drive soon so I am going to reinstall windows and everything else on it. [/b][/quote]
    next time stop it from ctrl+alt+delet and then uninstall, you had a corruption or needed a patch, anyways insatll it again and then unistall to get ride of all the crap

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    in klite search for Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition or McAfee7.0.exe its norton corp edition worx a treat and firewall use Kerio its free www.kerio.com that my setup

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    BANNED
    Originally posted by DemolitionMan@25 October 2003 - 12:25
    in klite search for Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition or McAfee7.0.exe its norton corp edition worx a treat and firewall use Kerio its free www.kerio.com that my setup
    well why not just go to our request and look for noton av+firewall full or mcafee pro 7 av+firewall full

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    spade2003
    I am currently using Kaspersky.
    I don&#39;t know all of them but I noticed that :
    - Norton Antivirus is more or less incompatible with the firewall from the same editor which decreases the trust we have in those softwares
    - Norton Antivirus slows down a lot the machine, particularly Outlook.
    - I found PC Cillin nice until I set up Kaspersky which found about 5viruses in 30 files that were not detected by the 1st one &#33;
    - In some cases, it is necessary to boot from a clean rescue CD. I dont know any of them which can make a updatable and bootable windows CD.
    You can setup the DOS F-Prot on a CD but with the largest options it scans 300 files on the windows hard drive, which is much less than the actual number of files.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Poster
    i use avg and nav corp, work great, avg as resident and nav corp as non resident.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234