Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh This Is Bad!

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Lamsey..........Sorry dude but but I have been smoking since you were 2 y/o

I wish I had'nt started but on the other hand I enjoy a smoke
    It's my body and I will do what I will with it.........there are a lot worse things in this life than smoking

@Skweeky........Thankyou

btw, I can give up, I have proved it but when I gave up before it was cos I thought I ought to, not cos I wanted to, THAT is the difference

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #22
    BAZ_CELEBS's Avatar Poster
    I have just had a close look at your sig Jonno, is that a fag in ya gob mate,
    Very bad jonno
    Bad boy Jonno

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    hehehe, to be honest I hardly smoke. I can do two weeks with one packet of tobacco. I like smoking a cigarette when I'm in the pub with friends, or at home drinking with friends, but I hardly smoke when I'm alone.

Last year went to a medical check up, the doctor literally told me that smoking like I do does no more harm than being stuck in traffic every day for 10 minutes....

Still...if I want a cigarette, I need a cigarette, there's no doubt about that. I think I could quit with some effort, but I don't really want to

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 October 2003 - 00:35
    Lamsey..........Sorry dude but but I have been smoking since you were 2 y/o

I wish I had'nt started but on the other hand I enjoy a smoke
    It's my body and I will do what I will with it.........there are a lot worse things in this life than smoking
    So you want to die?

You want to end up in a hospital bed, with your throat being pumped to clear it of the accumulating mucus?

You want to go through all that, and put your family and friends through that?

If you don't want that (which any sensible person wouldn't), stop smoking.

There comes a time in your life when you have to face up to these facts and not glibly dismiss them.

Stop thinking that it won't happen to you. It will. This is certain. And no-one here wants it to happen.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@24 October 2003 - 19:39
    So you want to die?

You want to end up in a hospital bed, with your throat being pumped to clear it of the accumulating mucus?

You want to go through all that, and put your family and friends through that?

If you don't want that (which any sensible person wouldn't), stop smoking.

There comes a time in your life when you have to face up to these facts and not glibly dismiss them.

Stop thinking that it won't happen to you. It will. This is certain. And no-one here wants it to happen.
    Yep.....watched my Father die that way.He choose to live that Life....like I do.

I have maybe 30 years left.And I do not think I will make it to 58..he did not.I am going to enjoy it.I like Smoking.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Am I imagining this? With the exception of Squeeky, I am speaking to a guy who is having a conversation with himself? Dont forget I am an international PI and I notice these things. If I am imagining it then it is time for to go to bed before the Ribena kicks in.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Skweeky@25 October 2003 - 00:38
    hehehe, to be honest I hardly smoke. I can do two weeks with one packet of tobacco. I like smoking a cigarette when I'm in the pub with friends, or at home drinking with friends, but I hardly smoke when I'm alone.

Last year went to a medical check up, the doctor literally told me that smoking like I do does no more harm than being stuck in traffic every day for 10 minutes....

Still...if I want a cigarette, I need a cigarette, there's no doubt about that. I think I could quit with some effort, but I don't really want to
    My grandfather enjoyed the odd smoke of a pipe. His doctor also told him that it wouldn't damage his health very much.

Do you want to know how he died? I wish I didn't.

If you look up you might get an idea.

I'm serious about this, people. You need to actually think about it for a minute. Take off your blinkers.

I'm going to bed now before I get myself any more worked up over this.

I apologise for taking one of Jonno's threads into seriousness. I realise that as it is one of his threads, I should really be making smutty jokes about the shape of cigarettes rather than trying to save people's lives.

Sorry about that.

edit: @FC: I guarantee you won't be talking like that on your deathbed.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    BAZ_CELEBS's Avatar Poster
    Your views are very good, But it's like pumping water into the vains of an herion adict, there will be no subs.
    No words, no horror.
    It is left the the person who has the addiction!

What do we do?

Come with me to the new planet and once there, you will feel no need to smoke.
    Peace & Love

9. Lounge   -   #29
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Ok Lamsey, I'm not gonna argue with you all night

I commend your strong view against it and would tell anyone NOT to start but.......like I said, I am not niaeve, I have seen the effects at their absolute worst and up close and very personal so you don't have to preach to me.

And not all lung Cancer is caused from smoking, Asbestoces, coal dust, MDF dust , fibreglass, I know all about it m8, there is nothing you can tell me thats new, I have seen the fx of them all and to sit there at 18 y/o and tell me what I SHOULD do is very self centred dude , not having a go at your age m8 at all ok.

And one other thing, I have seen people give up smoking and deteriorate very quickly because their body cannot take the rejection, so again.........I know!!! I know allllllll about it and I still CHOOSE to smoke, thats my choice............you play Archery.........you could accidently shoot someone.........I surf........I could drown (been very close) I ride a bike, I could hit a car (Again, very very close many times), do you see what I'm saying..........I could give up and be healthy until I get Parkinsons or MS etc, you see what I'm saying.............we all take risks, and they are our choices......this is mine..........my choice, my risk, my body, my life!

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

10. Lounge   -   #30
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@24 October 2003 - 19:43
    edit: @FC: I guarantee you won't be talking like that on your deathbed.
    I am not afraid of my maker.Maybe you are Lamsey.Yeah.....I watched my Father fight it....he did not want to go....maybe he was afraid.

And then a Year later his Sister died almost the same way.She accepted it.....and went out Quietly.

Maybe I will not be talking this way on my Death Bed...maybe I will.But it is my Life.....has nothing to do with you or anybody else.No wife and no kids.....just me in this World.

*I love debates.*

FC B)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast