Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Commercial Alternative to Nero?

ConvertXtoDVD is great....

As a newby to video conversion I found this software very easy to use.

You can increase the volume rate when converting Avi to Dvd.....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    waffler's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Commercial - Ashampoo Burning Studio (USD 50) , Roxio Creator (USD 100), though I'd prefer former. Nero 10 costs about 80 USD

Freeware - CDBurnerXP

I'd also like to mention Nero lite, its essentially got the Burning ROM and Nero Express, without all the bloat.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Kholdstare's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm using Ashampoo Burning Studio here. The free version works perfectly fine, there's no need to search for a commercial alternative. A cost doesn't improve a product.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    dragonash
    Free Easy Burner

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    ashampoo rules....

now nero is just a bloatware, too big size

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by rokok View Post
    ashampoo rules....
    I dropped ashampoo in favor of ImgBurn when it started giving me lots of coasters.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    I would be wary of Roxio as it does some nasty things to your PC so that it can run. The programmers are too lazy to fix the Roxio program itself and instead they chose to screw with your PC so it can run. If a problem arises though your screwed since uninstalling Roxio leaves the changes it made and you end up have to reformat to get functionality back. I tried Roxio several years back and then again last year and the new version is no better, and will actually destroy some PC functions permenantly unless you reformat and reinstall windows. So be aware, a good time to try it would be right after you have just installed your OS, so if you do have to reinstall, you don't have to save data before formating and installing again. Sonic is also bad news, its really Roxio in disquise with the Sony name attached and wee all know what Sony has been up to right? Horrible and disabling DRM.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 04-15-2010 at 01:37 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I been using ImgBurn for a few years, and it covers all of my needs. The interface is a bit clunky; however, if you play around with it you"ll have it figured out in short order.
    I appreciate the advanced options that ImgBurn offers, also.

-doobs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12