Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assistant Function

jetje's Avatar former star
    well if that's a problem, just watch the topics that have the black dot in it. It will get those if you post in a topic. A bit more "hand(eye)work" but think that's the closest to get what you're after...

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i know, but some times that measn trawling round the forum to remember where you posted, and softwareworld can get to a few pages easily on a busy night. oh well.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Yepp - its hard work keeping track of all the topics you reply or post to. Normally, as im on DSL its not such a problem as i get posted replys etc often - but after a while, i usually start cleaning out some of the old stuff - maybe after a month or two.

If im unsure of what i am actually participating in, i go to my own profile first, then My Controls and then under subscriptions take a look at the topics im involved in - this at least gives me an idea of what im involved with. Its a long way round but it works and im able to delete some of the older topics if i want.

There are certainly other ways, as have been suggested, but this works for me at least.

Good luck.

Peace
    UKMan

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Originally posted by Livy@28 October 2003 - 02:50
    in my assistant it gives u replies to topics you started, but is there anyway to show posts that people have replied to, that you have replied to aswell.
    as this would be really handy. i know you can get the last 10 posts etc, but i would be usefull if there was a way to show the topics that had been repsonded to that u have posted in.
    if you go up to the top of this page ^ and click that link that says My Controls, and then once you're in the control panel, the area along the left where it says Subscriptions, click the link that says View Topics.
    it will show you a list of every thread that you have posted in, you can delete out the ones that you dont want to watch anymore. So far as the emails, ya...I get bombed by a TON of them, thinking that I'm just gonna turn off my email option, since I use the control panel to watch to see what's been replied to, and since I just mass delete the email notifications.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12