Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Can I Kill Msn Messanger

Poster
    Originally posted by Octopussy+28 October 2003 - 21:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Octopussy @ 28 October 2003 - 21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Charli@28 October 2003 - 20:45
    Windows 2000, Windows NT, and Windows XP all include the Messenger Service. It&#39;s enabled by default. Messenger allows system admins to send little messages to everyone on a network, alerting them when the server is going down, ect. The service makes a lot of sense on a corporate network, but home users don&#39;t need it. Here&#39;s how to disable it:

1. Right-click My Computer and click "Manage".
    2. Click "Services and Applications".
    3. Click "Services".
    4. Scroll down to "Messenger" and right-click the entry.
    5. Choose "Properties"
    6. Under "Service status:" click STOP.
    7. Under "Startup Type:" choose DISABLE
    8. Click OK.
    thanks thats wat i needed... [/b][/quote]
    The messenger service and msn messenger are not even related, get your shit straight.
    AOL 9.0 Now with top speed sarcasm that is 5x funnier than normal
    dial up sarcasm complete with AOL instant stalker.

AOL 9.0 with top speed and AOL instant stalker...more expensive than saffron but worth it&#33;

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by justin_9733+28 October 2003 - 22:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (justin_9733 @ 28 October 2003 - 22:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Octopussy@28 October 2003 - 21:58
    <!--QuoteBegin-Charli
    @28 October 2003 - 20:45
    Windows 2000, Windows NT, and Windows XP all include the Messenger Service. It&#39;s enabled by default. Messenger allows system admins to send little messages to everyone on a network, alerting them when the server is going down, ect. The service makes a lot of sense on a corporate network, but home users don&#39;t need it. Here&#39;s how to disable it:

1. Right-click My Computer and click "Manage".
    2. Click "Services and Applications".
    3. Click "Services".
    4. Scroll down to "Messenger" and right-click the entry.
    5. Choose "Properties"
    6. Under "Service status:" click STOP.
    7. Under "Startup Type:" choose DISABLE
    8. Click OK.

thanks thats wat i needed...
    The messenger service and msn messenger are not even related, get your shit straight. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for further justifying my point.

lol

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    theres a shoot the messenger smewhere google it. dunno if its for windows messenger or msn messenger. if ur lucky u will find wat ur looking for

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Tweak XP Pro has an option to disable Messenger, if you are running XP. I used it because every time I would open Outlook Express the stupid messenger icon would pop up on the sys tray.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    If you wanna exterminate it, use XpLite.
    The easyest way.
    You can destroy many other crap buildin winXP programs.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    soon we won&#39;t have to worry about it, by early next year, look for a new copy of xp. cos m&#036; decided to disable windows messenger and enable the ICF (about time).

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/7325

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    yea xplite works wonders. i removed so much crap fm my PC tat the boot time came down to 2secs fm 8secs(i have NAVce, still do) and wat impresses me the most is yahoo media helper scanned my system n i had wmp 0.0(not installed) showing. im using mpc, videolan, bsplayer, winamp & avipreview ;) on xp pro
    life has never been better :D

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    muchspl2
    is it a OS or is it a program? how big is it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123