Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me Please . I was disabled on What.cd .

Roy.A's Avatar Noddin' My Head
    First of all, i'm truly sorry if this is the wrong place .

My account on What.cd was suddenly disabled for some reason .
    i was re-downloading freeleech torrents that have been trumped over a couple of times for missing tags and stuff (Various Artists - The Monterey International Pop Festival, June 16-17-18, 1967 - 1992) , then i downloaded the same torrent only in FLAC, i checked the peerlist of the torrent because i had some tracker downtime issues so i wanted to see if the tracker reads me as connectable, and after a while my access to the site was disabled .

I entered the IRC like they wrote on the site, and i didnt knew how this thing works because i never tried IRC before . so it took me a while until someone addressed me . then they stated i already know the reason im disabled . i then started to write the last thing i did on the site, and it took me a lil' bit of time to phrase my sentences because english is not my native language . so i typed the first half of the sentence, pressed Enter then *Ploop* i find myself off the IRC !
    i didnt even had the full time to explain my situation or defend myself .
    PLEASE ! im adressing the people that may have connections with the moderators over there ... i want a fair chance .

I just cant believe it . im a user of What.cd for almost 2.5 years or maybe more . i always tried to seed torrents as much as i could . i know i had hard times, i nurtured my account almost from freeleech to freeleech just to build a proper ratio .
    Why would i do a dumb thing ?!
    and this is the way i find myself out of the site i loved so much ... im devastated - if this injustice will pass-by i wont believe in what this whole sharing comunity stood for .
    i know some of you will probably think "oh another hacker/cheater that moans" ... now i know the frustration of the rare innocent position .

I dont want to speak on What.cd in past tense . I wont shut down my What.cd torrents even they turned red . Seed 'till i die .

Thank you for Hearing me .
    Last edited by Roy.A; 05-11-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Long Live Piracy ~

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    So just to clarify this before the inevitable shitstorm starts, what you did was you downloaded a torrent that you were seeding already, so you were in effect downloading from yourself? For future reference that's a terrible idea that makes you appear to be cheating, and it's one of the dangers of seeding and leeching from more than one machine at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i stopped the torrent . deleted him . downloaded the updated one . then erased the content of the old torrent . and i did it like 3 times because the torrent keep getting reports for miss tagging and stuff so it was trumped .
    and after that i downloaded the same torrent in Flac format (the previous version was V0) and i checked the peerlist of the flac torrent cause sometimes i saw 0 seeders and 0 leechers so i wanted to know if the tracker reads me as connectable like i stated in the post . other then that i dont know what could have happened, im not such a computer savvy guy .

EDIT : * im seeding from one computer, i know seeding from 2/more places at the same time is forbidden .

its possible that what you have mentioned ("you downloaded a torrent that you were seeding already") somehow happend, and if it did happend maybe it only happend for a short brief of time while i was correcting the torrents . it was already late and maybe i didnt noticed a quick event like this .

thanks for your interest ca_aok .
    Last edited by Roy.A; 05-11-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Long Live Piracy ~

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    But you said you were checking if you showed up in the peer list, that means you were seeding the torrent somewhere while downloading it somewhere else, which looks suspicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    No i checked the peerlist on the site to see if im there and if i have a "Connectable" status in general, because the torrents became red for a while during freeleech and in the site sometimes the Seed/Leecher info next to the torrent said 0 . thats all i did .
    Last edited by Roy.A; 05-11-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Long Live Piracy ~

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Wait for one of the What.cd mods to see this thread... stating your username on the tracker may be useful.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    My user name is RoyA . i wish they would dedicate a little of their attention to my case . i appreciate their work, and i didnt disrespect them or anything yet i didnt even got an explanation . i believe i deserve this .
    it would be really noble if they would show some concern to their user even if they kicked him for an unexplained reason .

* I believe i saw a user named Whatman viewing my thread ,
    if he really is the Whatman of What.cd i hope he'll feel for me thats all i can say .

Long Live Piracy ~

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yes, it's him.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    ugh, an incubus fan.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Here we go again... You should probably go to their irc #disabled and try again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast