Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Installing A Dvd Rom

Poster
    Wow that saves opening them singlely clever

Joking really never had that in 10 years at this game have you done the forementioned to see if the Dvd works by its self only,you can check the jumpers too but it shouldn't really firer up if you have them wrong.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    jumpers??

LOL

ace

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Oh little black (mostly) things on the back of your drives they should be differant ie ma(master) sl(slave) not the same.

Give us the setup what are the drives on primary/secondery.Includ the h/drive.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    sorry i have absolutely no idea what your are talking about??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Right you don't mention how the drives are connected so we'll take it that the h/drive is on pri/master if the cd is on pri/sec' thats fine that then leaves the dvd on sec'.master or slave no problems there.
    Did you connect to another drive or put another cable in on install.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    hi
    when i installed i simply found a spare power cable and also spare grey think lead that were not doin anything and then i just plugged them in to the new DVD ROM-i also cnnected the audio lead but apprently that dont matter!

thanks
    ace

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Well that's what should be done great now for the problem can't seem to fine an answer in my head yet trying to get some food at the moment,does the cd only work and does the dvd read cd's.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    hi
    the cd drive is fine-still reading cds properly-the dvd drive seems to read the cd, well it makes the noise like its reading something but it jst does not load into POWERDVD.

i read something about REGION codes wont allow a dvd to play at all unless its set to my countrys(uk) code-this may be bullshit but??

ace

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    you ought to set the region to your country's code, yes. if you need to play imported DVDs, just get hold of a program like DVD Region Free which automatically supplies the correct code for each disc without affecting the drive's actual code.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    No that's right I don't have a dvd but put many in other people's machines I think its either under your drive in device man' or it should be in powerdvd in the options what's the disc your trying to view did you buy it here(UK) yes I am here too on holiday for a week from work and its great.
    And this reg' thing is limited to only 5 if I recall unless you can get it opened with a bit of software from here .

http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast