Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installing A Dvd Rom

everytime i try to open anthng dvd rrelated on my oc now its locking up for some reason, i tried setting the region code earlier and it says i dont have correct privilages or something like that?
    its well hard to write a post now as my PC is locking up every 20secs for a few secs?

ace

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    hi
    you mentioned earlier in your posts about enabling DMA or something? anyway while browsing power dvd system diagnostic i noticed that DMA in all of my drives were left unticked, but they were blanked out so i couldnt tick them to enable them? is there another way to enalble dma mode?

thanks
    ace

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    I haven't gone away just can't seem to think of anything its easier to see it that write about it.
    Sure I wouldn't think it would help but go to your device manager look under each (h/drive too) and go to the properties - settings you will have to reboot after this.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    hi-thanks for all your help but i think i myself am gonna give up and just egt my mate down when he finishes work to have a check over it-i dont wanna mess it up even more-he works in the computer industry on the hardware side so hopefully he'll know whats wrong!

thanks again
    ace

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    Thats a good idea like I said its easier seeing than writing about it luck be with you my friend,bye.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    if you decide to do it your self.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123