Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Suprnova

Fasttracker A
    Originally posted by scribblec+2 November 2003 - 09:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scribblec @ 2 November 2003 - 09:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nahan@2 November 2003 - 08:47
    We all know about bt jerk and the latter such, but they dont work the same
    And you just want achieve the same consistant speeds that you get using unhacked source code.

I use 321b and see no reason to switch even though I have tried all of the oher clients.
    but the original bt client is so optionless

it doesnt tell u if the file has any seeds and such upload setting when u r doing something and just much more advance and better overall

i went back to normal client once and it just sucked so lifeless and slow downlaods [/b][/quote]
    For someone who has used it once you have quite a one sided opinion.
    No it dosent have all the useless options ,but it does display the amount of seeds
    peers and distributed copies.
    It has an upload setting ,which you can change.
    And as for slow download speeds you base this on .. ? your limited use.
    You can and will max out a run of the mill average 1mbt connection using any client.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Well no matter what client I use I never get pass 50KB/s dl and about 25KB/s ul, thus I said fuck it and just stuck with Shareaza, the client that controls all my least used p2p apps in one...

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by nahan+2 November 2003 - 09:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nahan @ 2 November 2003 - 09:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by scribblec@2 November 2003 - 09:50
    <!--QuoteBegin-nahan
    @2 November 2003 - 08:47
    We all know about bt jerk and the latter such, but they dont work the same
    And you just want achieve the same consistant speeds that you get using unhacked source code.

I use 321b and see no reason to switch even though I have tried all of the oher clients.

but the original bt client is so optionless

it doesnt tell u if the file has any seeds and such upload setting when u r doing something and just much more advance and better overall

i went back to normal client once and it just sucked so lifeless and slow downlaods
    For someone who has used it once you have quite a one sided opinion.
    No it dosent have all the useless options ,but it does display the amount of seeds
    peers and distributed copies.
    It has an upload setting ,which you can change.
    And as for slow download speeds you base this on .. ? your limited use.
    You can and will max out a run of the mill average 1mbt connection using any client. [/b][/quote]
    basically i used to use the normal client before i discovered this experimental and on the normal one i dont recall it sayin how many seed were there or anything

generally all clients get the same speed i was wrong on that and i just prefer this client

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by scribblec@2 November 2003 - 05:55
    basically i used to use the normal client before i discovered this experimental and on the normal one i dont recall it sayin how many seed were there or anything

generally all clients get the same speed i was wrong on that and i just prefer this client
    I&#39;ve discovered that varying the upload settings in a certain manner can (if you&#39;re not choked and/or shunned) can net a MUCH faster download speed.

For 20 KB/sec total upload speed, allowing 4 uploads at once and 20 KB/sec is &#39;good&#39;... but allowing 10 uploads at once and 20 KB/sec is often &#39;excellent&#39; on torrents with lots of peers but few seeds.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    im using shareaza 4 my torents and at the monent runaway jury is downloading at 256 to 300 kb/s thats what i would opt 4

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    I use Shadow Version and sorry but i get High Speeds at all settings .

i have a 256kb upload but manage to hit 30kb most of the time.

and i have played with the upload limiter BUT it seems to ignore this and just

upload at whatever it feels like.

Also after using BT/Supernova a few times and searching around there are lots of tracker sites for you to join.

I even joined fasttracker but up to now, i have not even used it (i know, they have since moved the url etc...)

all you need to do is keep your eyes open when reading some threads and you will soon find new sources

a favourite way of mine is to just search for a torrent by name on copernic

"DS9 Torrent" for example.

i used to get really pissed with leechers on klite but now at least the Majority of users on BT HAVE to share. and lets remember people out there still pay for using kazaa &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; so not every one is of the skill/intelligence to apply knowledge into stopping their uploads.

a side note is now when i do "klite" i get some pretty spectacular speeds (for a 1mb limit)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234