Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Close the music forum

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    It's obvious that it's only being used so traders can meet the X number of posts needed to trade or access pms or whatnot. Might as well trash it completely, no brain activity present there anymore.
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 06-14-2010 at 05:16 AM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    graywolf's Avatar The Anime Addict
    Well.. maybe you're right.. but then you may as well trash the trading section as well.. Because.. that's not gonna stop them either. Trashing music forum doesn't make sense.

Have you forgotten about lounge? That's even a more haunting place for traders.

Personally, I don't think, it should go. This place would feel incomplete. I mean how can you keep movies and other sections going on and just exclude the music section.

And this means, that we're giving up to the traders' actions. We're just giving up something to diminish their "post count"?
    Well.. If this happens, then I don't doubt that one day, I'll see Cabalo in an irc taking interview of people before letting them registering.

Sorry, if I seemed rude, but that's how I feel.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
    And this means, that we're giving up to the traders' actions. We're just giving up something to diminish their "post count"?
    If your reason for posting is your post count, then you're posting for the wrong reasons.

As for the trading forum, it has a purpose; for people to trade. Which it accomplishes. The music forum has no relevance to this board whatsoever anymore. If you want to talk about music, you won't find it here. You'll get a few brainless replies from traders if you're lucky.

Well.. If this happens, then I don't doubt that one day, I'll see Cabalo in an irc taking interview of people before letting them registering.

Last edited by TrueSounds; 06-14-2010 at 08:12 AM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    It's obvious that it's only being used so traders can meet the X number of posts needed to trade or access pms or whatnot.
    Close the Games forum as well while you're at it. 90% of posts there seem to comply with the conditions you mention.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    And the movie section
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Have you forgotten about lounge? That's even a more haunting place for traders.
    What are you talking about
    The Lounge is prolly the only place on FST where traders are absent ...
    Can you feel the LOVE

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    graywolf's Avatar The Anime Addict
    Ok.. as others stated above, then you should close the games and movies section as well. I mean, like in games section.. those "PES or FIFA", one has to write just one word for a post to be counted.

@ Disme : Well.. Sometimes, you can see quite a number of trolls there as well..

and what about forum games? Aren't they like gateway to heaven for traders?
    Last edited by graywolf; 06-14-2010 at 02:07 PM.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    @ Disme : Well.. Sometimes, you can see quite a number of trolls there as well..
    But it's the lounge!

and what about forum games? Aren't they like gateway to heaven for traders?
    Yes, but at least you can't say you didn't expect it.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    The music section was pretty dead anyway. If it weren't for those spam count posts, the last post done at the section would have been months old. So it's actually, today, a ghost town.
    It's not hurting the board either to have it there...

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    It's obvious that it's only being used so traders can meet the X number of posts needed to trade or access pms or whatnot.
    Close the Games forum as well while you're at it. 90% of posts there seem to comply with the conditions you mention.
    But the games forum gets legitimate threads some of the time.
    And if you post a question there, you will get legitimate responses as well.

Can't say how the music section is, I've never had any interest in going in there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast