Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do you explain your situation to waffles?

So I will only post this up once and then move on from it. But I was having some trouble logging into waffles and so I joined the IRC. They checked me out and stated I was "an invite trader." Obviously not true because they could check my invites to see if I invited anyone in the previous 6 months and see that I have not invited anyone. They wouldn't even let me explain my case but banned me from the IRC.

I understand it's not allowed, I do, but one would think that they would check to see if you actually invited people before banning someone. I posted that I had to trade thinking I could do that, then realized I couldn't so I didn't trade it. Yet I am banned. Oh well.

Anyone have something similiar happen?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You could have been on the receiving end of an invite trade resulting in your waffles account

I mean maybe 90% of the time someone makes one of these threads they end up looking like an idiot if the staff decide to post their reasoning here, so umm... good luck with that
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Or probably you offered an invite in a forum, who knows.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by matt23ingly View Post
    I posted that I had to trade thinking I could do that, then realized I couldn't so I didn't trade it. Yet I am banned. Oh well.
    Usually the intent of trading is enough. However, I'm sure if you admit to them what you did here, explain that at first you didn't understand the repercussions or rules in place, and offer to be put under a probationary period, they'd be more than willing to give you a second chance.
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I really appreciate that ringhunter. I really just want to explain myself so here goes:

I was looking for a specific torrent site and no one was willing to give me an invite so I search the bit torrent trades section here and realized people could trade invites [1st mistake]. So I posted a thread asking for a invite to that site and stated I had a waffles invite to possible trade. The 1st response to my post was a person stating that had an invite and would give it to me without the waffles trade so I figured I was all set [2nd mistake]. I then never actually traded my waffles invite to anyone, if you look at my records you can see that no invites have been given out in the past 6 months.

I am asking the Waffles staff or whomever has the ability to grant me a 2nd chance please do so on a probation period and with no invites allowed. I will not ever trade a waffles invite, nor did I ever trade one. I have a good ratio of right around 1.2 and have enjoyed the site for the past year or so. I do apologize that I offered up the waffles invite as a trade in my thread and guarantee it will never happen again.

In closing, if Waffles Staff reads this then thank you for taking the time to read it. And if you still don't want to allow me back on a probation period then I completely understand.

thank you for your time.
    Sincerely,
    a lover of all types of waffles

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    So I posted a thread asking for a invite to that site and stated I had a waffles invite to possible trade.
    jimminey christmas . . . . ..

ya waffles was totally unjustified in this ... ROLLEYES

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I was looking for a specific torrent site and no one was willing to give me an invite so I search the bit torrent trades section here and realized people could trade invites [1st mistake]. So I posted a thread asking for a invite to that site and stated I had a waffles invite to possible trade. The 1st response to my post was a person stating that had an invite and would give it to me without the waffles trade so I figured I was all set [2nd mistake]. I then never actually traded my waffles invite to anyone, if you look at my records you can see that no invites have been given out in the past 6 months.
    I guess the fact you've considered trading, even though you didn't get to trade anything, sufficed for them.

You should change your IP and try IRC again. If they still refuse to reenable you, well, tough luck.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    tippertime's Avatar Your E-Stalker BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    kinda like that tom cruise movie where they arrest you before you commit the crime...same kinda deal

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Mikity's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tippertime View Post
    kinda like that tom cruise movie where they arrest you before you commit the crime...same kinda deal
    Hmm.... trying to remember, was that Minority Report?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I think yes. I remember the phrase "you've been arrested for future murder" from the trailer.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast