Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

why would they have to agree to no phycical damage to cars ?didn the cars damage in the getaway or midtown madness i think they did but i have bad memory

2. Games   -   #32
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    What I would love to see in the next GTA

The ability to swim! But not so that you can hop to the next "island" earlier or anything, just short distances before you get tired like the sprint option or something.

The ability to run whilst firing heavier weapons! If you are running with the assault rifle *m16coughM16" you should still be able to fire, not very accuratly at all, but still fire rather than stop starting. The minigun and rocket launchers, and sniper rifles all should require you standing still, as they are extremley heavy duty and require balance to fire, but assualt rifles and light guns should allow you to run.

More realistic damage- What I would really love to see, is if you shot a car, the little bullet holes appeared first, rather than sparks and it blowing up. A car should not blow up if you ram 20 bullets into its roof! I think the cars should only explode if you get several hits on the engine or roughly where the fuel tank should be, it would be much more fun to hide behind a car from cops as the bullets shattered the windows and peppered it with holes, rather thn it blowing up within twenty seconds of fire commencing.....a lot of the vehicles blow up far too easily, the swat fan for example, how many swat vans have you seen that have their bonnets fall off after a minor incident with a lampost? Or explode after 3 or 4 hits? They for one should be much stronger, and used less often, so destroying one or stealing one would be much more of an acheivment....same thing with the FBI cars, they are driven extremley well, yet blow up relativley easy.

Doors should also be able to be shot through on cars, given enough bullets, so if a cops hiding behind one you could slam in a couple of clips and eventually break through.....strong enough so that it takes at least 20 bullets to break through, this would be extremley cool and add another element to the gameplay. Also, (i know im rambling now but I love the games ) all windows should be breakable, back ones as well, so if you employ a driver or something (which i hope you can do) you can sit in the back, shatter the windows, and pour bullets over the chasingh policve, unless the windows are supposed to be bullet proof i.e FBI cars.

Oh yeah and all guns to have a melee option, so you could smash a window with the butt of your rifle or pistol whip a cop

Erm yeah I just want more realism really, ideally Id want GTA to have the same feel as the scene in "Heat" where they are breaking out from the bank, assault rifles blazing, pouring holes into cars (without them blowing up easy) taking out huge amounts of cops.

Just my thoughts, i hope they get put in, one thing I hope they keep is the incredible humour, oh and the jumps, youve gotta love the jumps

3. Games   -   #33
    Originally posted by RGX@2 November 2003 - 12:19
    What I would love to see in the next GTA

The ability to swim! But not so that you can hop to the next "island" earlier or anything, just short distances before you get tired like the sprint option or something.

The ability to run whilst firing heavier weapons! If you are running with the assault rifle *m16coughM16" you should still be able to fire, not very accuratly at all, but still fire rather than stop starting. The minigun and rocket launchers, and sniper rifles all should require you standing still, as they are extremley heavy duty and require balance to fire, but assualt rifles and light guns should allow you to run.

More realistic damage- What I would really love to see, is if you shot a car, the little bullet holes appeared first, rather than sparks and it blowing up. A car should not blow up if you ram 20 bullets into its roof! I think the cars should only explode if you get several hits on the engine or roughly where the fuel tank should be, it would be much more fun to hide behind a car from cops as the bullets shattered the windows and peppered it with holes, rather thn it blowing up within twenty seconds of fire commencing.....a lot of the vehicles blow up far too easily, the swat fan for example, how many swat vans have you seen that have their bonnets fall off after a minor incident with a lampost? Or explode after 3 or 4 hits? They for one should be much stronger, and used less often, so destroying one or stealing one would be much more of an acheivment....same thing with the FBI cars, they are driven extremley well, yet blow up relativley easy.

Doors should also be able to be shot through on cars, given enough bullets, so if a cops hiding behind one you could slam in a couple of clips and eventually break through.....strong enough so that it takes at least 20 bullets to break through, this would be extremley cool and add another element to the gameplay. Also, (i know im rambling now but I love the games ) all windows should be breakable, back ones as well, so if you employ a driver or something (which i hope you can do) you can sit in the back, shatter the windows, and pour bullets over the chasingh policve, unless the windows are supposed to be bullet proof i.e FBI cars.

Oh yeah and all guns to have a melee option, so you could smash a window with the butt of your rifle or pistol whip a cop

Erm yeah I just want more realism really, ideally Id want GTA to have the same feel as the scene in "Heat" where they are breaking out from the bank, assault rifles blazing, pouring holes into cars (without them blowing up easy) taking out huge amounts of cops.

Just my thoughts, i hope they get put in, one thing I hope they keep is the incredible humour, oh and the jumps, youve gotta love the jumps
    some good i deas there i loved that scene from heat. i also thing they should take a page from thwe max payne 2 book and hav something like a havok engine where they dont just fall down on the floor if they get it by a car or fly 20ft in the air laying down i think they should bend over the car much like a real car hit and run. altho i think if they made it too realistic i think that it mite because to much like real crime and ppl mite start to get pissed off about it not me tho

4. Games   -   #34
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@2 November 2003 - 09:34
    why would they have to agree to no phycical damage to cars ?didn the cars damage in the getaway or midtown madness i think they did but i have bad memory
    because it shows there car (bmw) being destroyed and joy ridden for fun and i dont think the goverment like that well defently not in the uk n e way

5. Games   -   #35
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@2 November 2003 - 01:23
    i ment like normal cars real cars beinz bemmers nissans kill shit BTW im a concol user i dont think i can use mods
    what do you mena you cant use mods?
    al;l of the cars are besed on cars from 1985-ish they hav just changed the names and u cant remember them because thier from the 80's but the mods just replaced all the car names and i started to remember a few vagly

6. Games   -   #36
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@2 November 2003 - 04:34
    I think manufacturer's are becoming a little more lenient about showing a few minor dents and scratches on their cars, but they would never allow a game to show them being destroyed the way they are in GTA. They want their product to appear safe and indestructible.

7. Games   -   #37
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

8. Games   -   #38
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@1 November 2003 - 03:11
    -the ability to SWIM!
    first off.. he's NEVER been able to swim. if they wanted him to swim im pretty sure they could have done it in the first one

also, i like being able to jump off of 10 story buildings without getting killed, and not getting injured in a car that goes 90 into a wall

9. Games   -   #39
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by ontheedge2000+24 November 2003 - 20:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ontheedge2000 &#064; 24 November 2003 - 20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Nightwolf@1 November 2003 - 03:11
    -the ability to SWIM&#33;
    first off.. he&#39;s NEVER been able to swim. if they wanted him to swim im pretty sure they could have done it in the first one

also, i like being able to jump off of 10 story buildings without getting killed, and not getting injured in a car that goes 90 into a wall [/b][/quote]
    Just because he couldn&#39;t swim in previous versions doesn&#39;t mean they can&#39;t fix this glaring omission, which many poeple complain about, in the next incarnation of the game. If they&#39;re trying to create a realistic environment, then when I fall in the water I should simply be able to swim back to shore and climb out.

And speaking of jumping, I think you should also be able to jump/climb up onto any surface that&#39;s less than 8 feet in height, just like you could in real life.

10. Games   -   #40
    Yes, the next gta will be called GTA 4 and [annoyingly] will be based off the engine used in 3 or vice city (vice city&#39;s engine was slightly modified i believe).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234