Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NiouzeFire - my new newsreader

I just started using this newsreader and I absolutely love it. It looks great, is very easy to use, very functional, can search binsearch, etc. It can even post (though SSL posting support is forthcoming). Definitely a great free alternative to alt.binz.

http://www.ideosi.fr/solutions_eng.php

* Created by a strong skilled user: NiouzeFire has been developed by a fanatic for the fanatics. Including the best known tools and tested during many months, NiouzeFire is finally released.
    * NiouzeFire exists in many languages: The software is now fully translated in French and English. Let me know if you wish to help me for translating in others languages !
    * NiouzeFire manages the logs a brand new way: Indeed, the logs are sorted by download and easy to find. After all, users can access logs! Plus, download history is saved and can be viewed at anytime !
    * Segments' download only from NZB files: NiouzeFire downloads binaries from NZB files available from a lot of websites on the Internet. In the near future, the reader feature will be added.
    * Smart download function : PAR2 files are downloaded only when it is necessary (Repairing, ...).
    * News Poster (No SSL for the moment) + PAR2 generator.
    * Auto Import Function : It's possible to define a directory which will be watched by the application. Any NZB copied into this directory will be imported.
    * Multi-Server : since the version 0.5.9 of the application, you can download from several NNTP servers at a time !
    * NiouzeFire natively supports IPV6 addresses.
    * Automatic repair of corrupted parts (PAR2) : NiouzeFire takes the best of Paul Houle's work to fix your corrupted files automatically until 4 times faster than QuickPar. NiouzeFire supports the last technologies (Dual-core, Quad-core).
    * Auto extractor for RAR files and PAR2: RAR archives and PAR2 files are fully supported. NiouzeFire handles automatically (Customizable) the repair and extract tasks to give you ready to use files in the selected folder.
    * Splitted XtremSplit 1.1 et 1.2,EasySplit, HJSplit, FileSplitter 4.5a, Splitter 4.0, MaxSplitter 1.53, EasyFileCut, Cutkiller, Yoyocut v2.50 files and all '.001' generic files are supported and extracted.
    * NZB Search and Download tool based on BinSearch.
    * Integrated Web browser with a plugin allowing to link several Web sites to the integrated search of NiouzeFire.
    * yEnc, Mime, uuEncode protocols supported: NiouzeFire is handling "old" as good as new ones.
    * Multi-Thread Downloading: Use the best of your bandwidth with NiouzeFire. One Thread per file to download.
    * Improved user Interface: NiouzeFire has been developed in C# .NET and brings you a high-end user experience (XP and Vista Style).
    * Supported platforms: NiouzeFire is suitable for all last versions of Windows and has been tested on Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 (x86 and x64).
    Last edited by ipa; 05-06-2010 at 12:58 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Very interesting !

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    * Splitted XtremSplit 1.1 et 1.2,EasySplit, HJSplit, FileSplitter 4.5a, Splitter 4.0, MaxSplitter 1.53, EasyFileCut, Cutkiller, Yoyocut v2.50 files and all '.001' generic files are supported and extracted.
    THAT is something I've been missing

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Liking it very much.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    wow this is one hell of a good program, my new favorite the best part it not only supports downloads but uploads aswell.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Used it for a few days now and I'm in love!

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I just tried this on my computer running Windows 7, and it was pretty horrible. I was getting nowhere near my usual speeds, 1MB instead of 50, and the software froze twice. It would keep downloading, but I wouldn't be able to click on anything and had to end task both times. I'm looking for a newsreader to replace my Alt.Binz, as Alt.Binz seems to be really unreliable auto unraring files, but this didn't really do it for me.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    I used it for a minute and it seems nice. I like the UI. First download I tried seemed like the speeds were a little low but I stopped it a started another and it took off like I'm used to seeing so maybe it was just astra.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Not seeing the speeds I used to get. It's quite interesting that's for sure. I will wait for a bit more updated build.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Mikity's Avatar Poster
    Looks promising, thanks! Currently using Newsbin. Does this only work with NZB files or also as a general Usenet downloader?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast