Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What.cd re-enabled me for no reason.

OlegL's Avatar Poster
    I am glad your what.cd account was re-enabled, ringhunter.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    What.CD staff has always been level headed in my experience.Their staff are well structured and organised and a team of dedicated people who actually want to run a tracker for filesharers instead of something else that we see on a daily basis with other sites.

But there must be some mistake since ringhunter's account was enabled
    Last edited by A; 07-03-2010 at 07:05 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    But there must be some mistake since ringhunter's account was enabled
    Rudyard Kipling once said

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, And treat those two impostors just the same [you'll be a man]."

I've stuck true to these words to the best of my abilities, thus far, in my life. I didn't stop here. The only issue is, I can't decide which adversary it is. You seem to favor disaster.
    Ellipses go here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I was kidding you know ... nvm

Quote Originally Posted by manjenet
    nice man . nice
    And for what are you spamming mindlessly?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    I was kidding you know ... nvm
    I was, too. Although, mine was maybe a bit too subtle for text-based humor.
    Ellipses go here.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    So here it is. A thread dedicated to the fact that What re-enabled me, as I'm sure they've done to most other reasonable/justified people who happened to pass by their disabled channel.
    Let me join you in your statement.

Several weeks ago I looked at my UT and saw my What-torrents in shiny red. Tried to login: "account disabled, etc ... go to IRC ..."

I did knew they could have disabled me for one reason only.
    Went into the channel ... got to talk with one of their admins.
    Told him I saw my account disabled. He told me I knew why I was disabled. I said 'yes, I know'. He could have booted me right than and there but didn't.

I explained him in detail why I thought I was disabled and gave him my explanation. He asked me to wait (guess he went to check my account-activities.
    He asked me if there was anybody that could back-up my story and I and told him there were and named him/them.
    He re-enabled my account on the spot as a token of good faith and that was it.

It was a mature conversation where the two parties involded (me and the admin) talked to each-other with mutual respect and politeness.

This proved to me they do make 'mistakes', but when they get an explanation (backed-up by one of the most trusted people roaming the 'BT-scene'), they just do the right thing.

Just to show all the haters there are also positive experiences when dealing with the what-staff, but they mostly don't get posted here.
    Last edited by Disme; 07-03-2010 at 08:58 AM.
    Can you feel the LOVE

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Eh, I've never had a problem with What's staff. I've seen mistakes made and I've seen mistakes corrected, no one is perfect. It doesn't mean they're these evil ogres out to ban their entire site.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    m amazed sometimes though as to how they handle such a large userbase....maybe they should hire professional staff, and pay em too

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quite a unique twist to the norm, if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't start this thread if it weren't for this very solid point put forth by Anon:

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    I can't check this because people whose offenses you forgive and accounts end up reenabling tend not to make threads about that anywhere.
    So here it is. A thread dedicated to the fact that What re-enabled me, as I'm sure they've done to most other reasonable/justified people who happened to pass by their disabled channel.

Considering the situation I was in, I'd have to say they were patient/understanding (I spoke to sickofjesus), contrary to what most people make them out to be; and I figure people have to do pretty severe mistakes in order to be banned/thrown out.

Hallelujah?
    I wouldn't say for no reason ,I would say because you're a suck up.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quite a unique twist to the norm, if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't start this thread if it weren't for this very solid point put forth by Anon:

Considering the situation I was in, I'd have to say they were patient/understanding (I spoke to sickofjesus), contrary to what most people make them out to be; and I figure people have to do pretty severe mistakes in order to be banned/thrown out.

Hallelujah?
    I wouldn't say for no reason ,I would say because you're a suck up.

Quote Originally Posted by hushmails
    awesome man
    Second of his kind in this thread.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast