Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shareaza

muchspl2
    CMIIW but shareaza is a bittorrent client and shadows is a torrent client, no offenice but seemes to me shareaza is just a friendly interface to bittorrent, drop it and get off the shareaza tit, if you want a bittorrent client get one, not one that has kazza built in
    kazaa for kazaa and bittorrent for bittorrent, don't be afraid of bittorrnet, it just doesn't have a search like kazaa, no need to get a client that makes it look like it does

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by jbravo2uk@2 November 2003 - 16:07
    u sound like a man who know its stuff how do i turn the torent of on shareaza so when i down load a torent it opens shadows torent
    Just open the shadow's client (C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\btdownloadgui.exe)
    You will see a windows that says: "Choose .torrent file to use"
    Just drag the torrent into that window and click open, your download will start using the shadow's client.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    In Shareaza, Settings ==>> Web ==>> Uncheck Torrent. You may need to then reinstall your other torrent client if you can not get it to associate the torrent files with it, upon reinstall of the torrent client it should reassociate the torrent to it...

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    The good thing with bittorent in shareaza is that if the tracker is down it will continue to download the file off the Gnutella2 network and if you seed on Gnutella2 you no longer even need a tracker as the network acts like a tracker.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by junkyardking@3 November 2003 - 01:38
    The good thing with bittorent in shareaza is that if the tracker is down it will continue to download the file off the Gnutella2 network and if you seed on Gnutella2 you no longer even need a tracker as the network acts like a tracker.
    This is what in the end may make Shareaza the better BT client perhaps...

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    no offenice but seemes to me shareaza is just a friendly interface to bittorrent, drop it and get off the shareaza tit, if you want a bittorrent client get one, not one that has kazza built in
    k-lite and shareaza both connect to different networks you know. They are not hte same thing. shareaza doesnt have kazaa built in.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@3 November 2003 - 09:14
    k-lite and shareaza both connect to different networks you know. They are not hte same thing. shareaza doesnt have kazaa built in.
    Bizzare thing is while doing a search the other day on Shareeaza I noticed in the client colum a couple of soureces that were labled GIFT, arghhhhhhh, I hope they don't in tend to add or have not added the giFT project to the bunch, and if not what the fk was that doing there...

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Originally posted by REALITY+3 November 2003 - 09:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 3 November 2003 - 09:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking@3 November 2003 - 01:38
    This is what in the end may make Shareaza the better BT client perhaps... [/b][/quote]
    well if that is true (which i am sceptical about) then i think it will be the death of bittorrent.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by stoi+3 November 2003 - 22:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stoi @ 3 November 2003 - 22:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by REALITY@3 November 2003 - 09:46
    <!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking
    @3 November 2003 - 01:38

well if that is true (which i am sceptical about) then i think it will be the death of bittorrent. [/b][/quote]
    Why...

I think the point is that a BT client that can be trackerless would seem a benifit...

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Originally posted by REALITY+4 November 2003 - 07:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 4 November 2003 - 07:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by stoi@3 November 2003 - 22:36
    Originally posted by REALITY@3 November 2003 - 09:46
    <!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking
    @3 November 2003 - 01:38

well if that is true (which i am sceptical about) then i think it will be the death of bittorrent.
    Why...

I think the point is that a BT client that can be trackerless would seem a benifit... [/b][/quote]
    why have trackers at all then if thats the case, just put the files on the G2 network an do it that way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast