Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulsed Media SEEDBOX

O就eill's Avatar Thor愀 hammer BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    What do you think about this seedboxes? Im waiting for setup of my box.
    -= And Remember, respect is everything =-

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Terrible.. Simply terrible. Beyond terrible.

Don't even go close to them, they're that bad.
    EDIT: Just kidding, they're actually very good
    Last edited by anyguy; 06-16-2010 at 04:20 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I am interested in why they are good?

For 10 euro you get a fairly large HDD compared to other similar priced plans. Anyone have any experience with them to share?
    "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me..."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I'm good for you.
    I've seen a few when trolling through swarms; what server hoster do they resell from, or is it their own?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    bigdaddydude's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TONiC View Post
    I've seen a few when trolling through swarms; what server hoster do they resell from, or is it their own?
    Website explains that the servers are based from OVH in France.
    It's best to help your friends and be honest instead of burning bridges. There's alot more to life than being a member of the best private tracker. I'm proud to be part of the best community there has ever been.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I wouldn't buy an OVH/France slot if you are in North America. A couple times over the past few months I have seen my download speeds go from 600K/sec to barely 15-20K/sec for days on end. Then all of a sudden it will get better, but there is no warning when the speed will fall off a cliff. The server will leech/seed just fine during these times but you will struggle to get anything off of it to your home computer.

I'm trying out a new Leaseweb based slot from Feral. So far its ok, the speeds aren't as good as OVH because the servers are no longer sharing the same data centre. But at least its an option that isn't OVH-based. And according to a traceroute all of my data is being sent via Level3 which I hope would never have the same bandwidth/peering problems that OVH suffers from.
    Last edited by unoriginal; 06-18-2010 at 02:10 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    They are good because they are the cheapest while providing a comparable service, my experience has been alright with them so far, apart from the huge wait lines.

Other people have had trouble with them though, so im one of the lucky ones.

They are with OVH - the same as everyone else. Ive never had FTP troubles

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    The FTP issues only really show up if you are outside of OVH's European network. Over there its fine. But to places like AUS, NZ and North America it can really suck sometimes. I do wish they would drop the setup fee though. No one else, except for people looking for a dedi, really have them on individual slots.
    Last edited by unoriginal; 06-20-2010 at 10:03 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    O就eill's Avatar Thor愀 hammer BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Im using this box for one week and it is realy great. Speeds are on maximum from 100mbit.
    For control you receive great web interface with integrated ruTorrent and other informations, like info about disk space, file manager, proxy and dropbox
    Iam realy happy with this box for this great price. I think there is no limit for number of torrent in compare to other seedoxes.

http://pulsedmedia.com
    -= And Remember, respect is everything =-

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by O就eill View Post
    Iam realy happy with this box for this great price. I think there is no limit for number of torrent in compare to other seedoxes.

GetASeedbox.com offers unlimited number of torrents too, unlimited traffic, lots of space and very good speeds.

So pulsedmedia is not the only one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast