Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Is FLAC really "better" than high-bit rate MP3?

I just download FLAC to transcode to LAME VBR V0

2. Music   -   #122
    320kbps and FLAC. I like most.

3. Music   -   #123
    FLAC is too mainstream. I prefer AHX.

4. Music   -   #124
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busaum View Post
    FLAC is too mainstream. I prefer AHX.

I used to like memes, but they're too mainstream now.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Music   -   #125
    Most people can't tell the difference betwen 320kbps and flac. I'm sure you could tell the difference if you looked out for them. But i feel a lot of people only listen to flac because they are OCD'ed and wanting the best of everything even if the difference is very marginal and a much slower download speed. But that's just my opinion, if u like flac i can't stop you but flac doesn't justify it for me
    Last edited by yoyoman123; 11-14-2013 at 01:56 PM.

6. Music   -   #126
    Member BT Rep: +1
    I'm sure that lossless is better, because all the data is there, however without an outstanding setup and a phenomenal ear, the difference could be reduced to almost nothing compared to a 320. I love it when guys who've been listening to loud music for 20 years claim to be able to hear the most minute differences, but when they get a hearing test, they're found to be practically deaf.

7. Music   -   #127
    Well sure they can PROVE that FLAC is better quality-wise than MP3, but for practical listening, it makes no real difference.

8. Music   -   #128
    Poster
    It's like high def tv or 1440dpi printing it's just numbers to re-market the same old idea. The human ear can't hear all that and FLAC are just larger files to upload onto ratio topsites for extra credits..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecato97 View Post
    Well sure they can PROVE that FLAC is better quality-wise than MP3, but for practical listening, it makes no real difference.

9. Music   -   #129
    Gamer_155's Avatar Poster
    I can never hear the difference between a good 320kbp MP3 and an avg FLAC

10. Music   -   #130
    Use the right format for your needs. FLAC is good for archiving your golden masters or similar. If you ever have to encode something at a lower bit rate than 320kbp, say 128kbp, then it's better to start from a FLAC source than from an already degraded 320kbp version.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast