Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Question About Bittorrent

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5@4 November 2003 - 01:06
    LOL as soon as sum guy sees a new gurl in the forum they are ALL LIKE ALL NICE AND EVERYTHING and if it was sum newbie guy the thread wud get FLAMED or on of those RTFM!!!lolllllll

btw: not makin fun or anythin jus pointin out (typical GUYS)
    btw: im a guy
    lol. true true. so, now. r u asking the question in ur topic? i got confused with the nvm

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    hey... sorry i ddin't mean to start an argument here.

my question was basically why i was getting such back download speeds for bittorrernt but i did some reading back on this forum and found that i must "open ports on my router".

my cousin did it for me just now and i think it's working but i still don't know what "NORMAL" speed for download you are supposed to get.

i'm downloading max paynd 2 and i get around 10 kpbs/second as compared to 2 or 3 kpbs/second i was getting before my cousin did some stuff to the router.

is everthing fine now or should my download rate be higher?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    muchspl2
    it will pick up, bittorrent is dependent on peers/seeders the tracker among other things, do you have shadows client http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/download.html its color coded to tell you if everthing a-ok

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    thank you... but i am still unsure if the ports are open. how do i find out? i downloaded and installed the program you told me to. what do you mean color coded?

i am on super seeder setting, my upload rate is 0 and my max uploads is 4.

is this right?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5@4 November 2003 - 01:06
    LOL as soon as sum guy sees a new gurl in the forum they are ALL LIKE ALL NICE AND EVERYTHING and if it was sum newbie guy the thread wud get FLAMED or on of those RTFM!!!lolllllll

btw: not makin fun or anythin jus pointin out (typical GUYS)
    btw: im a guy
    wow i just discovered that's a great way for noobs to start a noob thread if you pretend to be a girl!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    also we are runninig WINDOWS XP and when he configure the router to open up ports, it asks for the computer IP address...

but... he say if he uses IPCONFIG and www.whatismyip.com they are both different. which one is right?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Octopussy
    whos this he

ipconfig is right what is my ip is bullshit

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    the guy who wrote this ...

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~hamilton/btclientconfig.html

down the page it says use "whatismyip.com"

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    muchspl2
    don't mind octpussy he has no idea whats going on, and the light, its either red-no seeders yellow-firewalled or green-all good

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    not being sexually biased, but there rn't many female piraters, at least, i don't know many

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast