Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegan Or Vegetarian?

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    What would happen to all the cows if we stopped milking them?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by nigel123@4 November 2003 - 15:12
    Bovine studies have shown cogitation without lactation to be impossible.

They can't even think unless you milk them!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #23
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by chalice@4 November 2003 - 20:10
    Veganism is difficult. You spend your life walking on eggshells (so to speak).
    Vegetarianism is easy but its also a form of self-denial.
    I just reached a point where I thought, life's too short, gimme that cheeseburger.
    I'll take my chances as far as karma is concerned.
    Yeh but I don't want to think only about myself & my health I want to wage my live in a moral way. That's important for me. It has furthermore nothing to do with karma.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Ok, who is going to care for all the animals, where are they all going to live? The problems are possibly greater than you realise.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Originally posted by leonidas+4 November 2003 - 19:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leonidas @ 4 November 2003 - 19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chalice@4 November 2003 - 20:10
    Veganism is difficult. You spend your life walking on eggshells (so to speak).
    Vegetarianism is easy but its also a form of self-denial.
    I just reached a point where I thought, life&#39;s too short, gimme that cheeseburger.
    I&#39;ll take my chances as far as karma is concerned.
    Yeh but I don&#39;t want to think only about myself & my health I want to wage my live in a moral way. That&#39;s important for me. It has furthermore nothing to do with karma. [/b][/quote]
    Morally, there is no question. Why ask it?
    If you want a pat on the back, then well done but if your morals are as firmly fixed as you say they are then there can be no other option than veganism.

J2 and Nigel, Heaven forfend those cows should suckle their young.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4+4 November 2003 - 20:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 &#064; 4 November 2003 - 20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@4 November 2003 - 15:12
    Bovine studies have shown cogitation without lactation to be impossible.

They can&#39;t even think unless you milk them&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I know It looks stupid for most people not even to drink milk.

But the point is that a cow is animal suposed to live about 20 years, but as their milk production slow down when they reach the age of 5 years, they are just killed in order to be eaten. In addition if you want a cow to give you milk, she must have a veal to provoque the milk production, and the argument of vegans is: the veal industry is prolific because of that.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by leonidas@4 November 2003 - 19:04

Now I eat veegan since 1 month as I &#39;m not sure wich of the 2 diet I&#39;m gonna choose.
    veegan is not a diet it is a lifestyle that incorporates diets, as another post rightly pointed out veegans will not wear leather belts or purchase or use any animal produce.

I think one of the biggest problems with vegiterians is that most people assume this automatically disapproves of their culture of believes, I have changed my mind obout this over time and am now happy to accommodate vegiterians (i admit i have not always had a positive attituide towards them)

it was once pointed out to me, in one of those view changing experiences that the amount of meat required by an individula would be about a on centimeter cube a day, therefore it probably is a viable dietry choice

but to be honest, as diet that is based on beliefs i truly cann&#39;t understand why anyone would chose it, would it not be better to lobby unethical companys (i do like my meat as my waist line would indicate)

8. Lounge   -   #28
    True, but cows are not what they used to be&#33; A calf would not be able to consume the milk of a let say a frisian cow. If such a cow was not milked, it would die.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    Vegetarianism mostly effects your eating style, but veeganism effects your social and finiancial status, example this one landlord at a mall doesn&#39;t rent out to stores that sells meat or leather and she refuses to kill ants that infests her complex so she is losing tenents.

I try to go Vegetarian but i forget the next day and accidently eat a hot pocket. I wont even try Veegan.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    None I&#39;d rather be fat and eat meat. You only live once.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast