Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mirc Needs More Anime.

Poster
    Kazaa is not being a "gaycunt" although nice choice of words...whatever. The problem obviously lies on your end here. So let's try to solve the problem without you being so "gaycunt-like". Let's see, I'm no comp genius, but perhaps a firewall is to blame? That will severely limit bittorent speeds I know if that is the problem. Also, sharing four or less files will not affect your download speed so there's no reason to do that, even if the excuse is to download faster. While downloading from Kazaa, I limit uploads to 8. While only uploading (99% of the time) my limit is 15. My comp can handle that with good speeds for all tho. However, even I find that if I'm downloading more than 4 files, Kazaa will slow way way down. Running Kazaa and bittorent at the same time affects a lot of people, as does running IRC w/ something else. Pretty much having your comp do only one thing should help. When my comp goes into standby, it affects speeds, differently for different things. Perhaps that information can help? If all else fails I'll mail you the damn series on c.d. to shut you up about this.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    well the only reason im so pissed of is because im paying 77$ for my connection, and i just want to be able to use it at full potential.

hmm i dont think im firewalled, because when i click on the network thing its not ticked.

what really is weird is that some things go at 50kb, i downloaded style xp for those awesome themes in the other thread and it was downloading at 50kb.

i think the main issue is *why is my kazaa dropping usres*. like i said before, it will find 10 or 15 users then drop down to 1 user. if i can solve this problem then im guessing it will go fast again, i dont know if people are canceling me, or blocking me or whatever.

on another thread someone said something about fileshare pro, im still waiting to see if anyone is willing to send ikkitousen series to me threw that.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    just an example picture of what is does. it will either sit on connecting all day (litterally all day ) like you can see on the picture, or it will drop all those users.

And this is what i get when im extremley lucky...

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    SSSSSSSSSOMMMMMMMMMMM BODDDDDDDDYYYYYYYY PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP MEEEEE!

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Poster
    Hmm...well, I only pay $44 a month for my connection, but sometimes you gotta complain to the ISP if you're not getting the speed you should be getting. Here's a link to test your speed for free: http://www.broadbandreports.com/stest
    It's pretty accurate. One complaint brought my speed up 20X when it was slow. As for the users dropping thing....this isn't too rare on Kazaa or K-lite. Bittorent picks up speed but starts slow, Kazaa + K-lite usu. start fast then drop speed. Every time I sign onto K-lite, I'll show about 30 uploads, then it remembers it's limited and drops respectively. I think this dissapoints a lot of ppl who see a good source drop so quickly. I'm not cancelling them, but it looks like I am. Also, even tho it'll find 20 users during search, that's not showing how many actually have an available upload slot. Your best bet for this, try the off-peak times. Lotsa ppl leave Kazaa on all night, meaning you'll get your turn to sneak in there and download from them. I get the best download speeds about 1:00 A.M. actually. Perhaps you could try messing with the Accelerator too. If you don't have it on, then ppl that do will get in before ya too. My sources drop dramatically when it's not on. That's about all I know to say to ya now. Tell me if this helps.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by boxofslavery@8 November 2003 - 20:49
    Every time I sign onto K-lite, I'll show about 30 uploads, then it remembers it's limited and drops respectively. I think this dissapoints a lot of ppl who see a good source drop so quickly. I'm not cancelling them, but it looks like I am. Also, even tho it'll find 20 users during search, that's not showing how many actually have an available upload slot.
    You get all those uploads at once because you're on a fixed ip, not firewalled (according to KL++), and not behind a router/NAT. (if you are, you're running KaNAT + port-forwarding.)

More people can FIND your files every hour than can download them -- it just means you probably need to drain off those excessive upload requests instead of allowing lots of NEW upload requests that you won't have free upload bandwidth to fill sometime next week.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Poster
    Thanks for the info Switeck. I'll see what I can do about it.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    hmmmm......i dunno, ive been trying to fix this problem for about 2 weeks, im glad heeps of people are trying to help. i guess im just going to have to be patient and deal with having slow downloads.

also another thing, it only seems to be some things, mostly the anime, so im guessing its because so many people are trying to download anime these days.

i found this because as soon as i ahred all my anime again it automatically showed 12 people downloading all my anime.

well, thanks for the help from everyone. as i said above, im guessing its just because so many people are downloading anime.

thanks again for the help. i guess ill add my 40gb or shared stuff back to the fast track network

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Poster
    thanks shinzuiski for sharing again. Perhaps you're right with that. I mean, some people get faster dl than ul....means that others MUST get slower dl than ul. It's the way p2p works. If it makes ya feel any better, I share my 89 anime series vids 20 hrs a day, 10-15 files a time, but only download a few files from kazaa a year. My comp is full right now, so unfortunately I can't put my Chobits back on for ya. Fat chance that you'd even be able to find me anyway, different supernodes and all. Besides, Chobits has been liscenced here in the states. And I kinda respect that myself...not in any way dissing ppl that don't.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    yeah if i could afford to buy all the anime that has been licened i would. save me from gettin pissed of and save me time too, but im in australia, anime isnt very big here, well where i am in australia its not very big. nearly every single video library here DOESNT have anime, there is only 1 i can think of that does.

can you recomend any other good p2p programs that you have used to get your anime fast ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast