Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is This True ?

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    With the amount of crap that is installed with KaZaa, especially the latest version, it wouldnt surprise me at all if there were a shit load of ports open when you start it... all that adware needs to connect to someone.

However K-Lite has removed the crap, hence the name.

As to BT...they are an ISP. Read their Terms of Use policy...you just told them your breaking them. They dont support p2p or filesharing.

They turn a blind eye of course, like most others...but that does not mean they will help you sort out your p2p problems. They are busy guys and have gallons of coffee to drink before they get home. Give them a nice target (and the obvious one) and that is your problem....with any luck, next tme you ring you'll get someone else, and they can do some work

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@5 November 2003 - 16:55
    With the amount of crap that is installed with KaZaa, especially the latest version, it wouldnt surprise me at all if there were a shit load of ports open when you start it... all that adware needs to connect to someone.

However K-Lite has removed the crap, hence the name.

As to BT...they are an ISP. Read their Terms of Use policy...you just told them your breaking them. They dont support p2p or filesharing.

They turn a blind eye of course, like most others...but that does not mean they will help you sort out your p2p problems. They are busy guys and have gallons of coffee to drink before they get home. Give them a nice target (and the obvious one) and that is your problem....with any luck, next tme you ring you'll get someone else, and they can do some work
    Thanks for those words Rat Faced. So basically what he says applies to Kazz only not k-lite.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@5 November 2003 - 16:55
    Give them a nice target (and the obvious one) and that is your problem....with any luck, next tme you ring you'll get someone else, and they can do some work
    Yep, fair point, but it really didn't sound like that when I spoke to them on both occasions (you can just tell after a while when you speak to a techy), and I've got Kazaalite, not Kazaa.

I hope you are right 'coz it's winding me up!

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Ok, so here goes. A few of the doubters in here are bound to pounce on me for this but this is what happened when I got home last night.

My girlfriend had been unable to turn my PC off, so I reset, and it wouldn't work (got most of the way through the boot, then just a blank screen).

I tried another re-boot. Same result.

I tried a few system restores, didn't work.

I booted up in safe mode and ran Macaffee. The result somewhat startled me.

Virus found:

program files/kazaacheater/kazaacheater.exe

This, it described as:

New P2P Worm virus

I have had that file on my system for ages without a problem!

After deleting it (and the rest of Kazaalite) my system is totally fragged. I'm going to have to reload XP and everything.

I know this is going to be shouted down, particularly as I have no screen shots (my PC is totally f****d so I couldn't), but mark my words, this ain't going to be just me!

Discuss!

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    BANNED
    Mate if thats the cheater by rocko is not a virus..its just for the pl level.I dont think its used any more as a seperate prog,its now intergrated in to k++ as far as i know.All i've noticed is the icon being used by the kl config wiz.So you must have downloaded that yourself.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    If it is the one I downloaded myself, then it's over a year old!

For McAfee to call it "New P2P Worm Virus" seems a little odd if that's all it is, and how come my system is fragged?!!!

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    its a load of BS

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    BANNED
    It may be old mate ..you downloaded it..I think pauls even add it to the word filter list.With your system mate ..i dont know mate..mines ok.

No just reinstall windows and tri and keep it clean and maintained.And be carfull what you download in the future.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Originally posted by number6@6 November 2003 - 11:53
    Ok, so here goes. A few of the doubters in here are bound to pounce on me for this but this is what happened when I got home last night.

My girlfriend had been unable to turn my PC off, so I reset, and it wouldn't work (got most of the way through the boot, then just a blank screen).

I tried another re-boot. Same result.

I tried a few system restores, didn't work.

I booted up in safe mode and ran Macaffee. The result somewhat startled me.

Virus found:

program files/kazaacheater/kazaacheater.exe

This, it described as:

New P2P Worm virus

I have had that file on my system for ages without a problem!

After deleting it (and the rest of Kazaalite) my system is totally fragged. I'm going to have to reload XP and everything.

I know this is going to be shouted down, particularly as I have no screen shots (my PC is totally f****d so I couldn't), but mark my words, this ain't going to be just me!

Discuss!

^^Theres your problem^^...........

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    yes it is true, it is a trojan, we are all gettin punished for steeling millions of dollars from movie companies,

DAMN YOU SALZARR!!!

edit: --
    for the dumb asses in here, i was being sarcastic.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast