Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Pc - Plz Check Specs For Me!

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by cjsavvy@6 November 2003 - 04:39
    I love the look of the Jet 7 though! It'll look sweet in my silver Xaser III lit up by a Red Cold Cathode
    It's good that you like the look since you won't be getting any sleep next to that rig.

You can admire it all night.

With an overclocked 2800+ and that video card in that big case you are going to run into heat issues.
    You can either get bigger fans ( those orange Thermaltake fans are very quiet, but don't move much air) or water/Peltier cool that beast.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Which CPU fan do you reccomend then clocker? For around 30 pounds please. Have also added Zalman ZM8OC - HP Heatpipe cooler + fan, and a Thermaltake RAM cooler to my shopping list. I am NOT goin to try water cooling - this is the first PC I have built and I would most likely spill water all over it lol!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Just seen this:
    ://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Zalman_121.html

Anyone got any experience of the Zalman CPU coolers? How well do they shift air and how loud are they?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    i shouldnt see you having any problems with the jet 7 cooler you chose as i beleive it has a speed adjustment thingy, like the aero 7/7+ (which i have and its silent at lower rpms, my 2000+ is at around 40c)and there only one zalman cooler on the link you gave that is compatible and i beleive clocker has that one or a similar one. the cheapest 80mm fans on ebuyer are suprisingly quiet and shift a fair amount of air (the four pin ones)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by mooseman2070@6 November 2003 - 00:19
    how do you overclock
    www.overclockers.com

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by mooseman2070@5 November 2003 - 23:19
    how do you overclock
    if you have to ask dont bother mate

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    i just found a ace cpu cooler! its Volcano 11+ Xaser looks far better than the coolermaster one you pointed out before (in terms of air flow etc). i wish i knew of this cooler before i bought my coolermaster aero 7 lite

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Kunal@6 November 2003 - 15:22
    i just found a ace cpu cooler! its Volcano 11+ Xaser looks far better than the coolermaster one you pointed out before (in terms of air flow etc). i wish i knew of this cooler before i bought my coolermaster aero 7 lite
    I always did like the thermaltake ones, and Im not good with Pound> US dollars conversion, but 15 for that cooler, with two fan controllers, which is nice, both a rear slot one, and a 5.25 is handy.

Now, A suggestion to anyone who gets a new heatsink, is read this article about lapping the heatsink, for better contact with the processor to heatsink, and processr to thermal paste to heatsink.

http://www.themodfathers.com/modfath...es/lapitup.php

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by cjsavvy@6 November 2003 - 07:59
    Which CPU fan do you reccomend then clocker? For around 30 pounds please. Have also added Zalman ZM8OC - HP Heatpipe cooler + fan, and a Thermaltake RAM cooler to my shopping list. I am NOT goin to try water cooling - this is the first PC I have built and I would most likely spill water all over it lol!
    I would start with a stock AMD HS and remove the 60mm fan. Use an adaptor like this one and mount a good 80mm fan with external speed control.

Most HSF assemblies mount the fan right on the heatsink itself which creates a big hot spot in the center where the fan hub is. This setup avoids that configuration so you should be able to achieve good temps with less noise.

The other issue rarely addressed in the advertising for aftermarket HS assemblies is that they are really only effective if they have access to (relatively) cool air to blow. If your case is hot your temps will be high no matter which HSF you use.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+7 November 2003 - 02:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 7 November 2003 - 02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kunal@6 November 2003 - 15:22
    i just found a ace cpu cooler&#33; its Volcano 11+ Xaser looks far better than the coolermaster one you pointed out before (in terms of air flow etc). i wish i knew of this cooler before i bought my coolermaster aero 7 lite&nbsp;
    I always did like the thermaltake ones, and Im not good with Pound> US dollars conversion, but 15 for that cooler, with two fan controllers, which is nice, both a rear slot one, and a 5.25 is handy.

Now, A suggestion to anyone who gets a new heatsink, is read this article about lapping the heatsink, for better contact with the processor to heatsink, and processr to thermal paste to heatsink.

http://www.themodfathers.com/modfath...es/lapitup.php [/b][/quote]
    thats about &#036;21 us, so its pretty cheap

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast