Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scratched Cd's

www.webattack.com has some file recovery progs that are supposed to be good at ripping files that are badly compromised by scratches, from CD's. Don't ask me if they work or not, cause I keep my disks in good shape
    Some of the used music stores out there, can also do doctoring on a disk, not sure what they charge to do it tho

2. Music   -   #22
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by idontbelieveit@7 November 2003 - 16:46
    We're back to where we started. As I said I am trying to rip some badly worn (borrowed) CD's using EAC. The trouble is unlike ripping them straight into Media Player (which is the easier option) I have been trying the much publisised quality method ie. EAC / Lame. On these scratched CD's the ripping aborts on certain tracks, leaving me to rip them using less critical software (XP MP for example). My question originally was can I configure EAC to be less critical if I can see the CD may prove a problem.
    I have taken on board suggestions you guys have made - toothpaste, emery paper and wire wool (I made that one up) but would prefer the software method if possible.
    I must say these forums can give you a laugh (I refer to the poor sap who tried the toothpaste. Still rather him than me, after all I've got to hand these CD's back in one piece. Any suggestions on config for EAC?
    something is wrong if another program besides EAC is doing a better job of ripping than EAC. There are lots of options you can set up. Slow down the overall speed of the drive, and also you can rip all the non-scratched sections first, then go back and try for the other sections that are harder to rip. Here is how you skip a track>EAC>EAC Options>Extraction>Skip track extraction...... Anyway I haven't had to use this program yet, as I've not had the problems you're having even with scratched cd's. Maybe someone else can review and add some more advice? Hope it helps.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. Music   -   #23
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    my advice is to download the album, if the cd is too fucked. i mean if you bought the origional it'd be legal as you are allowed to own a back up copy of any legally purchased cd.

4. Music   -   #24
    Originally posted by Spider_dude@9 November 2003 - 18:50
    my advice is to download the album, if the cd is too fucked. i mean if you bought the origional it'd be legal as you are allowed to own a back up copy of any legally purchased cd.
    good point *thumbs up*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123