Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mp3 Quality

it is absolutely possible to enhance the quality of an Mp3 file with a good encoder. media encoder 9 will convert mp3 to HD .wma file, and it DOES sound better. I do this with all my favourite files.
    a good encoder will enhance the peaks to a normalised level, andincrease the bitrate.
    however, if you have sucky PC speakers, you might not hear the difference, and yu probably need a dose of www.avsforum.com

anyway, mp3 sucks ass after you heard High definition audio from DVD-Audio.
    no musiclover with respect for himselfshould settle for mp3 quality.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    anyway, mp3 sucks ass after you heard High definition audio from DVD-Audio.
    no musiclover with respect for himselfshould settle for mp3 quality.

The quality of an MP3 REALLY depends on the encoder you use. It is possible to have very good quality at 128 bit if you use a really good encoder.

In other words

quality encoder + quality source= quality MP3

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    you can most probably change the bitrate of the mp3, but as many others have said i dont think it will make it any better quality, it might just change the size.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by Burre@8 November 2003 - 06:17
    it is absolutely possible to enhance the quality of an Mp3 file with a good encoder. media encoder 9 will convert mp3 to HD .wma file, and it DOES sound better.
    I'm sorry, but that's just not technically possible. Not with any lossy audio format/encoding process.

What you're most likely experiencing is a little trick I read about a while back, and one that WMP apparently uses to fool you into thinking the sound is higher quality. That trick? It increases the volume by a mere 3 decibels (dBa).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123