Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flag Discretion?

Poster
    Originally posted by TheDave@7 November 2003 - 11:03
    flag burnings cool. when i see the stars and stripes burning i see it as an insult to the government and laugh at the others who take offence
    @dave - harsh words -

@volskid - your learnin about flag burning in econ? WTF? does learning about flag burning help you to calculate the nations real GDP?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    @volskid - your learnin about flag burning in econ? WTF? does learning about flag burning help you to calculate the nations real GDP?
    im not sure i guess its the civis part becuase thats about citzenship and all that

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by neattairoski@7 November 2003 - 10:14
    Flag burning should be illegal.

Same for Australia.

What is it that they are trying to say ? Americans/Australian (whatever) should burn in hell ??

Thats the only thing i can think of when people burn the flags of countries.
    What about the freedom of expression you facist!!

4. Lounge   -   #14
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TheDave@7 November 2003 - 12:03
    flag burnings cool. when i see the stars and stripes burning i see it as an insult to the government and laugh at the others who take offence
    I guess your entitled to your own opinion of course and i aint gonna take that right from yas. But i do have a question:

Does everyone who trash their government have a viable working alternative. Its a serious question that needs a serious and well thought out answer.

Things like "i would instigate free hash for kids" or "let kids under 18 drink alcohol" or "make love not war" aint gonna make it anymore - so whats the "NEW" plan you all have secretly stashed thats gonna change the world?

Dont take this in a negative way, try to answer my question sensibly.

Peace
    UKMan

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by leonidas+7 November 2003 - 14:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leonidas @ 7 November 2003 - 14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-neattairoski@7 November 2003 - 10:14
    Flag burning should be illegal.

Same for Australia.

What is it that they are trying to say ? Americans/Australian (whatever) should burn in hell ??

Thats the only thing i can think of when people burn the flags of countries.
    What about the freedom of expression you facist&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    every1 has the right to express themselves in America.

just like i have the right to express my foot in the face of the person burning the American flag.

i understand it&#39;s just a "material", but many men fought and died under it to protect what it stands for - it is a representation and a symbol of our country&#39;s history. no need to desecrate it.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    What is it that they are expressing ??

i understand it&#39;s just a "material", but many men fought and died under it to protect what it stands for - it is a representation and a symbol of our country&#39;s history. no need to desecrate it.
    Thats exactly how i feel about it. Its just disrespectfull.

BTW why am i a facist ??

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by neattairoski@7 November 2003 - 14:51
    BTW why am i a facist ??
    i dunno, ask leonidas -

8. Lounge   -   #18
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by kurtsl0an@7 November 2003 - 15:19
    so that&#39;s why citizens of New York (i think) were banned from having any peaceful anti-war protests???

I&#39;m gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by masta.z+7 November 2003 - 16:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (masta.z &#064; 7 November 2003 - 16:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-kurtsl0an@7 November 2003 - 15:19
    so that&#39;s why citizens of New York (i think) were banned from having any peaceful anti-war protests???[/b][/quote]
    should i say every1 "should" have the right to express themselves?

EDIT: i will say should, 2 avoid further discussion on what happened in new york -

10. Lounge   -   #20
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by kurtsl0an+7 November 2003 - 18:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kurtsl0an &#064; 7 November 2003 - 18:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by masta.z@7 November 2003 - 16:56
    <!--QuoteBegin-kurtsl0an
    @7 November 2003 - 15:19

so that&#39;s why citizens of New York (i think) were banned from having any peaceful anti-war protests???
    should i say every1 "should" have the right to express themselves?

EDIT: i will say should, 2 avoid further discussion on what happened in new york - [/b][/quote]
    yes you should say should as this should avoid any further arguments

edit:missed a space

I&#39;m gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast