Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AlphaOmega Review

whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Will AO have undergone any changes after all that time? Find out in the next episode of: FileSharing Talk.
    yeah, it has transformed itself into a "Ratio less" tracker

2. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #12
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Any new thoughts on this tracker? It's the first one I've signed up on in years, when I realized my 0day trackers have been steadily whittling away, and I should probably futureproof. Anyways, it seems to get a ton of 'filler' releases which is great for a backup 0day, where you'll go to search for obscure releases instead of counting on the browse page. Stats are hidden so it's hard to gauge the health of the economy.

I've hit 1-1 ratio on Chuck, but not even close on other torrents. I'm hoping the tracker can truck along long enough for it to hit a critical mass activity wise, or else it's basically held up solely by the amount of storage on the uploaders personal servers. Which would then make it doomed to failure upon the eventuality that their uploaders realize their money/servers could be put to better use elsewhere.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 03-19-2011 at 06:46 PM.

3. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #13
    nice tracker

4. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #14
    AlphaOmega.me very fast growing page.
    It is certain that the future will be one of the best Ratioless trackers.
    Registration is now open, you may want to try.

Stats
    * Maximum Users: 40,000
    * Enabled Users: 15,946 [Details]
    * Torrents: 32,068
    * Requests: 137 (64.23% filled)
    * Peers: 18,918
    * Seeders: 18,565
    * Leechers: 353
    * Seeder/Leecher Ratio: 52.59

5. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #15
    Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Not sure what are you talking about because most of the seeds comes from bot. for a site with +15k users its quite dead.
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

6. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #16
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Di@monds View Post
    Not sure what are you talking about because most of the seeds comes from bot. for a site with +15k users its quite dead.
    So your saying the uploads don't get a lot of snatches?

7. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #17
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Don't they disable accounts for inactivity? After seeing this thread I just logged in and my account is still active.............

8. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    Don't they disable accounts for inactivity? After seeing this thread I just logged in and my account is still active.............
    The standard Gazelle inactivity threshold is pretty generous - four months. And even then your account will keep on resting on the database forever.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #19
    The WTO stats for this one are up-to-date, but the ratings from when they had one third of the members and half the torrents they have now linger. Anyone thinks they should be beefed up?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    pre time: 9 (most I see are sub five mins with a lot of sub 1 min)
    Speed: 7 (fast on new torrents, still not enough snatches and seeders)
    content: 6 (they get a decent amount of new content, poor retention with 10k alive out of 48k, some big packs)
    overall: 8

Definitely a site that has improved a lot and still has good potential. They might not like the comparison with GFT but they are similar (with GFT being slightly better). I like this site and would still say this is one you want to have.
    LSS #1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast