Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: BT vs Usenet

OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Oddly, that same community you talk about, is the same that draws many people away from torrenting.
    It's interesting that those HDB people who I thought of as mean in the past, seem so nice now. That's my perception of things now...
    Bittorrent > usenet because there are many files that appear on a tracker first and then on usenet. And, as I said before, BT simply makes things more interesting for you.

2. BitTorrent   -   #82
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post

I guess you meant a community in the sense that they care about the content they provide.
    in bt community = some people gathered in one place to collect same type of content (in a tracker)... To be honest, it is nothing more than that.. (if you call ass licking in irc as a good sign of community, then I don't have anything to say)..
    Teh n00b.

3. BitTorrent   -   #83
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I must say that i find usenet quite impressive:
    there's a large number of Eureka movies , framestor as well and many other from well known teams,
    there's flac albums ,
    and with just4today i find myself downloading recent movies (1080p) from usenet and seeding them on my HD trackerīs accounts, unfortunable i cant find on usenet some precious stuff such as Framestor Battlestar Galactica release, but i think its just a matter of time until someone dump it on usenet.

Thank God the Anti-Piracy associations put bitorrent trackers as their primary target.

4. BitTorrent   -   #84
    When I started getting content online oh about 21 years ago (yeah im that old), the news groups was the only way to get anything. I really liked it and still use it today. Yes it's not as fast a some of the private trackers on release time but there is no ratio and I'm not in a huge hurry for any files in particular.

Just my two cents.

5. BitTorrent   -   #85
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    There is a relevant thread in the Newsgroups section here so I'll just copy and past my response from there

The way I look at it is that BT is what you do until you go Usenet. BT is kind of like pirate adolescence. We all grow up sometime.

What I am reading here about one being faster doesn't affect me though. I max out my DL speed using either so to me there's no difference there. Sure you pay a few bucks a month for it, but it's still cheaper than renting a seedbox. I have really minimal crc errors and if you just read the comments on an NZB you should be fine.

6. BitTorrent   -   #86
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Your only going to get biased answers by posting it here. There are a few members like Cabolo, Detale and anon that actually have an open mind about this topic.
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 01-26-2011 at 07:46 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

7. BitTorrent   -   #87
    comparing pay2leech to bt is pointless.Not to contribute to this obvious flame-bait.
    Last edited by slocker; 01-26-2011 at 08:07 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #88
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    The way I look at it is that BT is what you do until you go Usenet. BT is kind of like pirate adolescence. We all grow up sometime.
    ++ And also Usenet is here may be from 1995 (if I raed the history correctly) and compare to that lifespan, bt is really like a kid..
    Teh n00b.

9. BitTorrent   -   #89
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Both BT and Usenet are free (for me that is) so a combo of both is ideal.

I use BT for the things I can't find on Usenet, get all the rest from the Usenet.
    No hassle, I put up my RSS-filters in SABNZBD and I'm all set.
    Can you feel the LOVE

10. BitTorrent   -   #90
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I don't think anyone really knows when it went mainstream but a Duke University student established it in 1980 after he conceived the concept a year prior.

Have a read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#History
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast