Thread: JRiver media center on computer and lg tv multiple monitors display

mike160's Avatar Old School
    hi I am using JRiver media center on my computer and I have hdmi cable hookup from my computer to my lg tv and have my computer display on 1/2 multiple monitors so I can display JRiver media center on my tv this was the easy way I found to be able to watch my media from JRiver media center on the big screen in theater mode the bad thing is everthing I play sounds are comeing from my computer not the tv when playing my media so I wanted to see if anyone can help me out is there anyway of getting the sounds on my tv and not from the computer is there a better way but easy of doing this beside this way I read somewere on the internet building a htpc would be better for this but it's not easy for me found it hard to do also don't have the funds right now

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Under your sound settings, you need to change it to Digital Output device. http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/ans...-and-windows-7
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    thanks teflon05 works perfect now am getting sounds from the tv but not the computer but that's ok I guess I would have to manually change from computer to tv

Edit : do you know if this setup can cause any kind of damage to the tv or the computer having the computer and tv on display 1/2 multiple monitors
    Last edited by mike160; 07-14-2013 at 08:50 PM.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    I don't think it's possible to get sound from the PC & TV both, when using digital pass-thru. If it is, I don't know how to do it, although someone else here might. And no, that set up should not cause any damage.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    ok thanks for the help on getting the sounds to my tv teflon05

teflon05 do you know how I can fix the pc display for the tv cause pc screen does not fit right on the big screen stuff are cut off to the side the only way I can fix this is setting the tv to just scan but I would like to be able to keep the tv at 16:9 I have the pc set to display 1/2 multiple monitors
    Last edited by mike160; 07-16-2013 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost